Sr. Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEXPERIENCE: 10+ years relevant experience with BS ME
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: NuCurrent Inc. is a venture-backed company specializing in the development of Wireless Power Systems and High-Q antennas for wireless power transfer. NuCurrent's patented, cutting-edge technology yields the highest Q inductors for high frequency applications in the wireless power industry that can be produced in large volume, high quality, and at a competitive cost. NuCurrent customers are primarily Tier 1 and Tier 2 OEMs spanning a wide range of products including consumer electronics (such as smartphones and wearables), medical devices, and automotive segments. NuCurrent's innovative technology is featured as the reference antenna for state-of-art wireless power platforms developed by leading IC companies.
SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: CTO
KEY WORDS:mechanical design, design for manufacturability, design for reliability, design for assembly
* Lead all mechanical design related projects and activities for NuCurrent's product portfolio
* Develop systems for applications in industries spanning consumer electronics, auto, infrastructure, industrial and medical
* Lead the entire mechanical development cycle - from spec development to delivery - of product-ready prototypes and BOM
* Work closely with Product Manager & Technical Apps/Marketing to manage projects, ensure timely delivery of high quality products and high quality technical support to customers and partners
* Work closely with suppliers and contract manufacturers (CM's) to coordinate new product launch initiatives
* Understand NuCurrent's technology and processes, and institute best practices where needed
* Product design and development starting from concept to production
* Create detailed device hardware and sub-system specifications and drawings based on user needs, use cases and system requirements.
* Design for manufacturing
* Design for reliability
* Design for assembly
* Thermal analysis
* Injection molding design
* Perform tolerance analysis
* Design tests for reliability
* Analyze test results and make required modifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Demonstrated success in delivering results on technical challenges that included strong problem solving skills
* Strong documentation experience as related to design outputs and sub-system definition
* At least 5years of experience designing high product volume, low cost consumer products
* Experience in electronic packaging (small devices) and PCB design using Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Altium, etc.
* Injection molding tool design
* Experience with Pro-Engineer (or another similar CAD tool)
* Familiar with high volume manufacturing processes
* Familiar with application of adhesives and potting materials
* Experience in rapid prototyping
* Ability to work individually and in small teams that may include contractors working remotely
* Ability to multitask and be flexible to evolving specifications and project dynamics.
* Knowledge of thermal management materials and experience in designing for thermal management