Sr. Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: SR. MECHANICAL ENGINEER - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: WOODRIDGE, IL
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* Must take complete ownership of the mechanical design for the project. This includes doing the complete mechanical design, generating 3D models and 2D drawings, assembly drawings, and BOM generation.
* Must be able to do full tolerance analysis using various tolerance schemes (worst case, RSS, etc)
* Proficient in GD evaluate and document their performance; identify possible improvements
* Explore new and existing materials and methods to solve design challenges
* Maintain an awareness of customer requirements and any complaints to identify any areas that may need development or improvement.
* Be able to work with various design sites globally.
* Prepare technical reports.
* Establish a culture of learning, openness and accountability.
* Serve as the leader, champion, and catalyst for teaching, training, and growing Lean principles, tools, and techniques in the engineering organization and manufacturing.
* Performs any additional related duties as assigned
* Minimum of Bachelor In mechanical engineering with more than 5YearS of experience in electronics manufacturing in the consumer, telecom, automotive, and/or military industries. Masters Preferred.
* Very strong mechanical design aptitude and technical experience Required With plastic injection molding parts.
* Experience with 3D cad modeling systems (ie. Solidworks, proengineer) Required; solidworks Preferred.
* Preferred Experience with structural fea and thermal fea.
* Strong knowledge of dfm and dfa design principles.
* Strong quantitative, design, analytical, and problem solving skills Required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills Required.
* Strong knowledge of microsoft office products Required.
* As we are an itar facility, we hire only u. S. Persons who are defined as u. S. Citizens or green card holders.