Sr. Mechanical Engineering Manager 8/12/2016
On the Mark Recruiting Specialists, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
We are partnered with a Leading Manufacturer and Tier One supplier of Automotive Mechanical and Electronic systems that is seeking a Leader to manage its Global Team of mechanical engineers. The qualified candidate will have several years of experience in leading large mechanical engineering organizations in the automotive industry. Also this position requires a proven track record of doing actual mechanical design projects from conception through to production. The company is rated as one of the best companies to work for in North America. As the head of the mechanical engineering department you will be in charge of delivering the results needed by the customer and upper management. This is a highly visible position within the company, the successful candidate will poses the skills, confidence, and all of the attribute's that make for a strong leader of an organization.
Below is the additional duties and responsibilities for this position. If you feel you are a worthy candidate please submit your resume right away as we are currently interviewing and want to fill this quickly.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience working in the automotive industry in the Area of Automotive Mechanical System Design.
* Implement and adapt the global R&D mechanical strategy in the region.
* Create, align and execute a living mechanical technology roadmap for regional product development activities and functional disciplines
* Develop a mechanical technical competency roadmap to ensure that necessary skills exist in the location to support the growth and operational excellence of the business unit.
* Establish a strategic vision for the region regarding mechanical development.
* Serve as regional chief mechanical technologist for all industry and customer requests.
* Implement and ensure compliance with the use of mandatory development processes (e.g., Change Management, Requirements Engineering, Design Reviews, Worst Case Analysis, etc.) and Standard Released Tool Chains.
* Establish and ensure that qualitysystems, including metrics and checks, are in place and utilized by the regional team in a consistent manner.
* Secure adherence to agreed project budget and timing
DEGREE:Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification
SALARY: Competitive Base Salary plus bonus and great benefits
**FOR A MORE DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE REACH OUT TO US WITH YOUR UPDATED RESUME**