Sr. Medical Scientist/Associate Director, Medical Sciences PAH (Southeast)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The field-based MS will join a team of medical scientists, reporting to the director. He/she will disseminate clinical information about Gilead s innovative products to thought-leaders, academic institutions, centers of excellence and professional organizations.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Deliver timely, accurate and succinct clinical and scientific presentations to cardiopulmonary healthcare professionals, both proactively and in response to requests for information, consistent with promotional compliance and FDA regulatory requirements
* Serve as a medical resource to the Cardiopulmonary Therapeutic Sales Specialist
* Implement defined goals and objectives aligned with Medical Affairs strategic initiatives; develop plan for cultivating, and maintaining working relationships with existing and future thought leaders in assigned geographic territory
* Participate in advisory boards, symposia and educational programs, such as speaker training and clinical conferences
* Collaborate with colleagues in other functional areas, including Clinical Research, Medical Communications, Sales and Marketing
* Adhere to applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines and Gilead policies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* A minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a medically related endeavor (i.e., cardiovascular, pulmonary medicine, and/or cystic fibrosis with strong knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape and guidelines)
* Demonstrated ability to work independently
* Capacity to develop and deliver high-quality presentations essential
* Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors and pharmacy directors
* Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources
* Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required
* Ability to travel 60% of the time
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Must currently have advance scientific degree (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD or NP/PA ) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required
Relevant experience must include at least 5 yrs clinical practice experience.
Clinical practice experience within therapeutic area of interest is desirable.
Industry experience desirable.
Well-developed experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required.
Experience in the management or investigation of clinical trials is required.
Clinical patient contact experience is required.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :