Sr Medical Writer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 286368
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Drug-Eluting Stents, Bare-Metal Stents, Catheters, Balloons, Guide Wires, Coronary Atherectomy and Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Interventional treatments.
The Medical Writer is responsible for the planning and preparation of documents that support the presentation and publication needs of assigned therapeutic areas and/or products in the BSC Scientific Affairs group. As part of the Interventional Cardiology Clinical division, this group supports the scientific and medical education communication needs of BSC medical device clinical trials, registries, and other studies.
- The medical writer is responsible for clinical content creation including the preparation of manuscripts, scientific abstracts, conference presentations and posters based on BSC clinical trials and registries in a variety of therapeutic areas globally. Clinical content in the form of scientific manuscripts and scientific meeting presentations will also be prepared related to white space topics and post hoc analyses which answer key clinical questions within and outside the United States.
- May also develop clinical content for symposia (non-CME), speaker's decks, Continuing Education Units, topical slide decks, Clinical Study Reports, and Clinical Experience Summaries, as needed.
- May lead strategic publication plan teams to ensure the successful implementation of publication and presentation plans. Interacts extensively with internal medical monitors, clinical trial managers, statisticians, and other medical writers as part of publication teams.
- Develops relationships/partnerships with study investigators. Interacts externally with journals, conference organizers, and freelance/contract medical writers. Interacts with other groups as needed to ensure that clinical data is represented accurately and correctly in any published literature, slide sets, and other materials prepared by these groups.
- Helps review documents related to BSC medical device clinical trials and registries to ensure appropriate evaluation and presentation of data, methodology, interpretation, and documentation.
- Remains current with medical developments and publications on similar and competitor products. Applies this knowledge to BSC communications projects. Mentors other team members.
- Ensures that accurate, high-quality documents are prepared on schedule. Assists other medical writers as per project timeline and workload demands.
- Ph.D./Pharm.D and 2 + years of related pharmaceutical/medical device industry experience (e.g., medical writing, clinical research).
- BS, B.Pharm, MS, and 5 + years of relevant pharmaceutical/medical device industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead projects to deadlines, both cross-functionally and with external key opinion leaders, without direct authority.
- Demonstrated scientific writing ability (e.g., manuscripts, research grants, etc.), candidate may be asked to complete a writing assessment.
- Ability to prepare and deliver scientific presentations and publications; understanding of the structure and content of scientific presentations and publications, ability to tailor presentation format and content to specific needs of topic and/or audience.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical research, device/drug development processes, regulatory requirements, good clinical practices, with an emphasis on publication planning.
- Good understanding of statistical methods; willingness to learn new statistical concepts as needed.
- Ability to understand and interpret statistical results of clinical studies; ability to summarize complex results and present them in a clear, concise, and scientifically accurate manner to a wide range of audiences.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Microsoft Word and PowerPoint); skill in Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, EndNote Reference Software, and other scientific graphics software would be helpful.
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter.
- Solid understanding of human pathophysiology and disease, ability to learn new and diverse subject areas quickly.
- Ability to work within a team and form productive working relationships within and external to the Scientific Affairs department.
- Flexibility and ability to manage simultaneous priorities, changing deadlines, and limited resources.
- Some overnight travel (10%) required to scientific meetings within the U.S. as well as occasional international travel.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit us at www.bostonscientific.com.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Clinical||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Law, Pharmaceutical, Compliance, Legal, Science, Research