Mgr, Quality - Food Safety
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID
Mgr, Quality - Food Safety
Job Title: Manager Food Safety & Quality
Location: Glenview, IL
* The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
* This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title
* This role supports the implementation and execution of key microbiology and food safety programs within a specific business unit. Role includes reviewing product/process design with R&D to ensure food safety, and designing challenge studies when & where required. The position provides HACCP plan development and validation support to internal/external plants. He/She will work with the a Business Unit on microbiological and food safety related issues and partner with central Quality and R&D functions on development and implementation of policies & procedures.
Key Components of the role
* This role provides scientific and technical food safety and microbiological support to the BU/Region to ensure product safety and quality by participating in evaluation of suppliers and co-manufacturers. Identify and communicate food safety risks to BU/Region, giving actionable advice on Food Safety programs.
* Work with business partners where improvements and execution of relevant HACCP models, zoning and environmental monitoring are required at pilot plant facilities, suppliers/external manufacturers.
* Conduct validation of Critical Control Points related to heat kill steps (Cooking, formulation, etc.) and assess validity of data obtained by others.
* Work with Product Development/R&D to design in food safety/quality controls and provide risk evaluation to the Business Unit.
* Work Cross-functionally with Quality, Supplier food safety, and procurement to establish food safety specifications for ingredients and ensure compliance.
* Design and execute challenge studies, shelf-life studies and validation studies to determine critical limits for critical processes. Partner with external institutions and business partners to update/maintain CCP models.
* Conduct validation studies to evaluate and approve microbiological test methods (rapid and cultural) for the Kraft Heinz Laboratory network.
* Remain current in scientific and regulatory principles of food safety to ensure most relevant information and emerging issues are identified and incorporated into Kraft Heinz food safety programs.
* PhD in Food Safety, Microbiology or closely related field and 1 - 3 years of experience in applied microbiology or related discipline.
* MS in Food Safety or Microbiology or closely related field and 3-5 years of experience in Food Safety or related discipline.
* Prior HACCP certification preferred.
* Knowledge and implementation of HACCP and Food Safety practices.
* Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements.
* Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, and Facility / Equipment Design.
* Experience with microbiology laboratory techniques and rapid test methods.
* Awareness of quality systems/processes (ISO, Six Sigma etc.)
* Excellent communication skills (presentation, report writing, teaching/training).
* Good people skills.
* Work experience in team oriented functions as well as individual contribution.
* Action oriented with good project management skills.
* Basic computer skills.
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a dive