Sr. MicroStrategy Architect / Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. MicroStrategy Architect / Developer
Job Id: 44723
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
* A healing focus
* A selfless heart
* A tireless resolve
An experienced MicroStrategy Developer that can work as part of an established BI team, providing leadership on best practice architecture, design, and development using MicroStrategy.
* Working with numerous lines of business and Business Intelligence analysts to identify the best technical solution for a given problem
* Creating design specifications
* Working with ETL team to define the data model
* Defining the schema definitions, architecture, creating objects, reports and dashboards
* Performance Tuning
* Assist in testing and bug fixing
* Code migration
* Production support
* Find continuous improvement opportunities
Guide and mentor junior team members
The MicroStrategy Developer will possess the following critical skills and competencies:
* A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated excellence in the development, implementation and operational support of large scale business intelligence solutions using MicroStrategy
* Deep business intelligence experience --Architect, design, & prototype solutions in MicroStrategy products to support business strategies, deliver business value utilizing agile methodologies
* Owning all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications; Performing hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
* Good understanding of ROLAP Star Schema modeling, Snowflake modeling, Fact, Lookup Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling
* Ability in handling MicroStrategy administrator tasks: object migration, User creation, ACL and Security Filters
* Expertise in Defining MicroStrategy Narrow Cast Server objects like Service, Schedule, Subscription set and Information Objects
* Expertise in creating Schema Objects (facts, attributes, User Hierarchies, Transformations) and Application Objects (filters, metrics, prompts, Custom Groups, Consolidations, Templates, Drill Maps) to Build Documents and reports
* Strong knowledge of Intelligent Cubes and view reports
* Expertise in creating MicroStrategy documents, Grid reports, dashboards for various business environments and knowledge of all the widgets to effectively visualize the data
* Experience in developing Ad-hoc interfaces enabling end-users to generate their own reports using Prompts
* Ability to performance tune reports/documents/dashboards and knowledge of utilizing VLDB property settings to achieve execution efficiency
* Experience in using Object Manager to migrate objects between development, QA and Production environment. Ability to roll back changes in case of any issues in the migrations
* Knowledge of creating system workflows to automate several Database and MicroStrategy tasks
* Experience in designing and implementing security in MicroStrategy; Security filters, connection mappings, user groups, security tables, ACL etc.
* Ability to maintain existing users and their respective security and administer in creation of new user security groups and privileges
* Experience in SQL coding, ability to understand and write complex SQL using Stored Procedures, Joins, Views, Triggers and Indexing strategies
* Experience in using command manager scripts
* Works in cross functional teams to assist with gathering and evaluating detailed project requirements to support delivery of effective business intelligence and reporting solution
* Strong experience working with industry-standard data warehouse tools, the lineage of metadata from data sourcing and the use of unstructured content as part of a BI strategy
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge of n-tier architectures and complex data acquisition and presentation patterns
* Ability to perform unit testing and work closely with QA team to help in the deployment for quality solutions to users
* Knowledge of Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to acquire and load data from internal and external sources
* Has strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
* At least 4 years experience working on RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL server, Teradata and possessing expert knowledge of SQL. Also experience working with XMLs, proprietary file sources etc. will be preferred
* At least 2 projects experience with end-to-end implementation (requirements through support) building Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Operational Data Stores or related Business intelligence solutions
* Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions and experience architecting MicroStrategy based solutions
* Knowledge of Real-time integration, Application Integration preferred
* Knowledge of Big data technologies including Integration with MicroStrategy is preferred
* Predictive Analytics experience preferred
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver quality projects on time and within budget
* Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills --Ability to guide, lead, mentor and facilitate collaboration among team members
* Willing to take the initiative to improve processes and resolve problems
* Ability to train the users for ad-hoc reporting and usage of existing BI solutions
* Self-motivated; Must be results-driven, passionate and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
* Strong analytical skills required; must be able to think critically through problems/requests and have a value-add mentality
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with others with clear objectives
* Detail oriented; Strong attention to detail and sensitivity to timelines/deadlines
* Needs good written and verbal skills since interaction with business will be common
* Demonstrating welcoming, respectful and skillful behaviors
Candidate will have a strong background in business intelligence and data management technologies along with knowledge of industry leading practices. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following additional work experiences:
* At least 6 years hands-on experience in data integration, business intelligence, reporting, and analytics or related projects.
* At least 5 years experience working as a Senior developer on MicroStrategy using application development methodologies (i.e., SDLC) such as Waterfall and Agile
* 2-4 years healthcare data management experience preferred
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra\'s Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
This is a non-supervisory role which reports to the BI-DW Manager. This role interacts extensively with business analysts to convert functional requirements in technical solutions.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent