Sr Mobile QA Engineer - Enterprise Mobile Security Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB #: 16081001 - P
KEY WORDS: QA Automation, Test Automation, iOS, Android applications, data storage, SQL, C/C++, Objective-C, Java,
JOB DESCRIPTION: Established Global Technology Company is growing their San Diego based team by hiring a Senior QA Engineer who will work closely with their engineers and have the opportunity to work with customers to solve critical bugs and issues with their software.
If you are passionate about quality, user stories, continuous integration, regression testing, traceability matrixes, and have a natural curiosity for how things work and what it will take to break them Do you dream about edge-cases Do you intuitively understand the complexities software product development and can you articulate how the process and pieces all come together If you answered yes to all of these questions, then we think you are cool and probably want to hire you!! Please read on
As a Software QA Test Engineer you will create tests for their platform that connects enterprise servers and applications to iOS, Blackberry, Windows, and Android devices. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who has worked with a test framework on a small team and understands how to read error logs and set up testing environments to quickly solve problems. Because their software is used by major enterprise clients, you will be testing issues such as: scalability, robustness, and ability to support millions of users.
If hired, you will enjoy a competitive salary, bonus, extensive & comprehensive benefits, lots of extra cool perks, and a supportive & fun environment that has a good deal of lighthearted banter and copious snacks!
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
* Hands-On Testing: Analyze and independently identify complex problems within their software, based on customer reported inquiries and bugs.
* You will be responsible for performing hands-on new feature and function testing to ensure product functionality is working according to specifications. This will happen on tight timelines while also writing test cases and preparing thei overseas team for hand-off tasks.
* Special Projects: Depending on your specific skills, talents and areas of interest, you'll become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in an area aligned with the company's strategic objectives, and take on special projects to improve process, testing methods or cross-training and knowledge transfer.
* Design and develop tests for backend cloud services and mobile clients to identify and fix issues with their platform. These could include security bugs, data querying issues, remote software updates, performance monitoring, and the collection and analysis of large datasets.
* Design and develop complete functional, performance and automation test suites for their platform.
* You will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment across many exciting technologies including iOS, Android, Ruby, Java, and many networking and security related technologies.
* In this role, you will work closely with the software development team and product managers.
* You will also be required to interact directly with customers and help them solve technical problems.
* Comprehensive health benefits
* Performance bonus
* Must have 4+ years experience in QA with some Automation.
* Must have some exposure to testing responsive web or mobile based applications.
* Testing with Enterprise grade Secure Browser on mobile devices
* Testing SSL websites, Certificates and authentication protocols - NTLM and Kerberos.
* Experience in Web server set up and deploying web pages with various authentication schemes.
* Strong analytics and troubleshooting skills and ability to read error logs.
* Experience in one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Mac OS X. Multiple platforms is a plus
* Experience testing highly scalable enterprise client-server software.
* Experience with blackbox, integration, regression and end-to-end testing.
* Experience with Test Case Management Tools including ApTest Manager, Test Director, and ClearQuest.
* Experience with Defect Tracking Tools including Serena TeamTrack, Jira, and Bugzilla.
* Knowledge about troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, fiddler, is a plus.
* Understanding of key protocols such as Http, https, TCP/IP, telnet, UDP, SMTP etc. is a plus
* Proficient in White-Box and Black-Box testing techniques
* Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
* Comprehensive analysis of technical issues, such as: System performance analysis, Design for Testability, Root-cause analysis of issues regardless of source (hardware, system, or software), Be able to perform log analysis to get root cause of customer issues
* Experience with Defect Tracking Tools like JIRA, Aptest, Rally etc.
* Excellent collaborative skills with outstanding verbal and written communication
* Willingness to work in an open, collaborative environment.
Educational Requirements: BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related. Masters degreepreferred.