Sr. MongoDB DBA/Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Merrill Corporation offers exceptional opportunities to grow your career with leading edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative and global environment. Our employees are a dedicated and supportive team of the industry s best people and the work offers some of the most rewarding challenges. From our focused, energetic work teams to our collaborative, results-oriented environment, cloud technologies and sound strategy, Merrill Corporation values its employees and wants them to know they re part of an industry global leader.
As the Sr MongoDB DBA/Architect for Merrill Corporation you must be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of MongoDB. This individual will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining existing databases, resolving complex database issues, optimizing performance, and implementing and documenting protocols for disaster recovery, configuration management, and security. They will also provide leadership, expertise and mentoring to other team members on best practices and advanced techniques. The Sr MongoDB DBA/Architect is part of a large heterogeneous environment and will be responsible for providing critical database analaysis, design, development and support as well guidance to application development teams. Responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining database structures, procedures, and techniques to ensure data security and integrity. Expected to have a working understanding of DB standards and reasons for implementation, and is expected to understand Change Management methodology and its utilization for database changes. Requires a service oriented mentality and a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Skilled in backups & disaster recovery
* 24 7 production support experience
* Experience in performing Mongo DBA operational routines
* MMS configuration experience
* Configuring and monitoring replica sets
* Optimizing database/query performance
* Configuring Sharding , monitoring, and identify the proper shard key
* Strong Databases and Network problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making best use of MongoDB
* Understanding client requirements by participating in meetings. Able to Scope and estimate the work effort for each requirement.
* Report on business benefits for management and executives.
* Experience maintaining database performance by monitoring space, CPU usage, fragmentation of data, and by tuning queries, scheduling jobs, setting alerts, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and carry out procedures designed to facilitate recovery from database failure, such as online backups, archiving, and exports.
* Demonstrated ability to assist with on-going development of database change control and versioning procedures and work with data architects and developers to migrate database changes into test, user-acceptance and production environments.
Demonstrated ability to establish standards and policies to ensure enterprise information assets are properly secured and protected by appropriate access management and privacy controls.
* Bachelors Degree or Associate s degree specializing in information systems, technology, orequivalent work experience.
* 5+ years professional information technology experience in database administration working with Mongodb.
* 5+ years of hands on experience administering/monitoring high performance, high availability database clusters.
* Worked on 24 x 7 Production Support or implementation both single node and dual node environments
* Extensive Patch Application experience
* Worked on Backup & Recovery issues
* Good Performance tuning experience
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
* Demonstrated ability to research and solve issues
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
* Innovative team player with strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
* Strong organization skills and ability to effectively handle multiple concurrent assignments.
* Thorough understanding and compliance of database security best practices.
* Must be available for off-hour and on-call work in the event of outages, problems and off-hour required changes.
* Experience working in Agile Methodology
* Experience with Analysis Services(SSAS)
* Configure and monitor numerous MongoDB and NoSQL instances
* Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
* Solve production problems and participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
* Improve database backups and test recoverability regularly
* Study the database needs of our applications and optimize them using MongoDB and NoSQL
* Maintain database performance and capacity planning
* Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers
Merrill is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Visit this URL to know more http://www.merrillcorp.com/eeo-aae-policy.htm
Merrill participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Merrill is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
Merrill is a drug-free workplace.