Sr. .Net Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
vTech Solution Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONBELOW MENTIONED ARE THE JOB DETAILS FOR REVIEW
JOB TITLE: Systems Software Programmer (Job#: 6876-1)
LOCATION: Columbia, SC 29210
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
* The CFS project team s responsible for developing, The CFS project is part of the Department Of Social Services (DSS) and is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and obtaining federal certification of A Federally-Mandated Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) that will provide comprehensive support to the operation of South Carolina's Child Support Enforcement (CSE) program as well as for completing The Development and Implementation of the Family Court Case Management System (FCCMS) for the 46 Clerks Of Court.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Department seeks a highly motivated individual who has the skills and experience of designing and developing enterprise scale web applications on the Microsoft .NET platform for the integrated Child Support Enforcement and Family Court Case Management applications under the South Carolina Department of Social Services.
* Candidate should be an experienced developer in visual interfaces, application logic, database design and web services construction on the Microsoft Windows platform. In addition, they should be familiar with the most effective and efficient product development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/15, C#, ASP.NET, .NET, MS SQL 2012/14 Database Server (including SQL Server Reporting Services) and TFS (Team Foundation Server).
* This includes code development, database/script development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment.
* Responsible for the analysis, development, modification, installation, testing and maintenance of operating systems software.
* Possesses a strong understanding of systems programming, graphical user interfaces and control languages.
* Evaluates vendor supplied software packages and makes recommendations to IT management.
* Modifies and/or debugs vendor-supplied utilities and packages.
* Modifies, installs and prepares technical documentation for system software applications.
* Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
* Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
TAKE INITIATIVE IN PERFORMANCE, WORKING INDEPENDENTLY AND WITH GROUPS TO EFFECTIVELY ACCOMPLISH PROJECT OBJECTIVES AND ENGAGE IN THE FOLLOWING: * Interact with other software engineers and technical leaders to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
* Review design and code of existing systems to determine potential issues and provide suitable recommendations to improve code quality.
* Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of (in OO terms) several objects working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
* Implement and debug subsystems and components.
* Write and execute tests for subsystems and components.
* Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers
* Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
* Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
* Support management of the team's technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the engineers or other project leads.
* Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):* 7 years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using Microsoft .Net Architecture.
* 5+ years experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
* 5+ years experience building and deploying web-based software systems, utilizing n-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
* Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and at least Two Application, Database, Messaging or Web Server systems.
* Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
* Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
* Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
* Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other state information technology staff.
ENVIRONMENTS AND TOOLS:* MS SQL 2012/2014 Database Server (Must, Minimum 8 Years)
* MS SQL 2012/2014 REPORTING SERVICES (Recommended, Minimum 2 Years)
* TFS -Team Foundation Server 2013/2015. (Recommended, Minimum 3 Years)
* Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015 (Must, Minimum 8 Years)
* C#, ASP.NET, .NET (Must, Minimum 8 Years)
* ASP.NET MVC 3 or Higher (Must, Minimum 3 Years)
* WCF (must, minimum 5 years)
* Java Script (must, minimum 6 years)
* Entity Framework 6 (recommended, minimum 2 years)
* Powershell Scripting (recommended, minimum 2 years)
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):* Experience in Child Support Enforcement Or Family Court Case Management Application Development preferred
* Experience with Agile Software Development is a plus.
* BS Degree