Sr. Network Administrator
We are looking for SR. NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR for our client in ATLANTA, GA
JOB TITLE: SR. NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
JOB LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Reporting directly to the Systems Administrative Manager, this position is responsible for providing technical support to users and assists with deployment and support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
* Activities require familiarity with hardware, operating systems, application software and communications protocols to diagnose and resolve problems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinates and executes the current IT systems - phone, voicemail, email and network; Administers and maintains the office email, data back-ups, network and other IT related items and production tools.
* Monitors back-ups in the office to ensure that they are completed on a regular basis
* Supports the Windows production server environment including security scanning, systems patches, upgrades, backups and disaster recovery
* Maintains the Cloud-based services, including Office 365
* Responsible for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, etc.
* This includes installation of voice/data communications solutions, LAN and PC/ laptop equipment
* Provides new hires with PC/account setup and orientation
* Provides escalated technical support that requires an on-site presence (server, NAS, network or PC equipment failure), including data back-up recovery. Performs complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations
* Provides after hour support for planned maintenance, performs on-call emergency support services and patching when required
* Performs other assignments as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associate's degree in any of the following; data management, data sciences, information technology, computer science, business administration, or related field
* 3years of professional experience in an IT-related domain (programming, network architect, IT operations etc.)
* Technical knowledge of PC desktop hardware and operating systems
* Solid experience with Windows7 data management, data sciences, information technology, computer science, business administration, or related field
* 5 or more years of professional experience in an IT-related domain (programming, network architect, IT operations etc.)
* Experience in an IT-related domain in the Public sector