Sr. Network Administrator 9/2/2016
Major Investment Firm
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Under indirect supervision, the Senior Network Administrator participates in planning, implementing, designing, analyzing, maintaining the network and provides technical support for the firm's data communications network. He/she will conduct research and evaluation of networktechnology and recommend and/or purchase network equipment. The incumbent will guide the work of others and recommends and implements LAN policies and standards ensuring adherence to security procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
* Investigate alternatives and researches development of strategic implementation of network components while understanding the effects on current systems
* Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies
* Troubleshoot and resolve network problems
* Implements network solutions including hardware and software in alignment with business needs (e.g. functionality, performance, scalability, resiliency, recoverability)
* Remain informed on the state of the art regarding networktechnology to contribute to strategic planning
* Plan, coordinate, and implement networksecurity measures to protect data, software, and hardware
* Implement a centralized mechanism for the management of network devices (e.g. NetConfig)
* Manage projects according to agreed upon budgets/schedules
* Conform to firm's policies and procedures when fulfilling responsibilities
* Perform after hours changes, as necessary
Extend Job Functions (non-essential):
* Troubleshoot and administer video conferencing equipment and Voice Over (IP) (VOIP) telephony systems
* Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software, and applications.
* Consults with users and performs technology needs analyses, evaluates requirements, and recommends solutions.
* Provides Network administration including server back-up security management, and user account management.
* Monitors E-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems, and applications support.
* Experience with Juniper routing, switching and wireless technologies
* Experience with Checkpoint firewalls, DLP, IPS, URL filtering and application control.
* Experience implementing and maintaining Citrix remote access solutions
* Experience with managing core/edge or core/distribution/edge network topologies
* Experience with load balancers and application accelerators
* Knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server, and desktop technologies, including but not limited to routers, switches, and firewalls.
* Ability to maintain and troubleshoot network hardware and peripheral equipment.
* Ability to develop systems solutions for operational problems.
* Ability to negotiate hardware/software service and technical support contracts with vendors.
* Well versed in one or more scriptinglanguages (e.g. python, perl, powershell)
* Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and tasks simultaneously.
* Facilitation and change management skills.
* Highly developed verbal and written communications.
Preferred but not required:
* Shared storage experience, including iSCSI, fiber channel, LUN creation, storage groups, replication configuration, zoning, and LUN masking.
* Experience with mobile device management via Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) and/or Good Mobile Control.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
* Industry relevant certification such as Juniper JNCIA or JNCP.
* Minimum 5years IT experience.