Sr. Network Engineer 9/2/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR ENGINEER - NTWK ENG
The Senior Engineer will have an advanced knowledge and diverse skills in technologies & multiple vendors (for example: Cisco) to include design and architecture of various platforms, and will have mastery in at least two of the following: WAN, LAN, WLAN, Security, IPT environments. They will perform complex engineering for complex customer environments and possesses a broad knowledge of overall Verizon Business Operations and Technology.
* Must possess a broad and thorough technical understanding and have experience in designing, configuring, implementing & testing, troubleshooting and supporting multi-site critical network environments that consist of multi-vendor Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, WAN Accelerator, VoIP, Firewall & Network Security.
* Hands-on experience designing and configuring various routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP IGRP, HSRP, RIPv1 & RIPv2.
* Hands on experience with complex QoS and VLAN configurations and designs.
* Micro level technical project management for engineering requirements and responsibilities,
* Design and deploy state-of-art technology to meet the customer's business needs,
* Interface to the project management team regarding technical planning and network issues,
* Provide input for forecast and plan resource allocation,
* Act as the direct interface to customers on advanced design solutions,
Qualifications / Certifications
* BS degree (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology), or Masters Degree and a minimum of 7 years experience in technology disciplines.
* Vendor certification - For IP networks, engineers must have at least a Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCDA or equivalent practical knowledge, and/or Juniper JNCIS with a higher level certification preferred (example - CCIE or JNCIE).
* Possess in-depth Juniper & Cisco knowledge with MPLS network architecture and design disciplines, operational support familiarity, previous and current extensive hands-on implementation, and thorough configuration knowledge and capabilities for all platform levels.
* Have very strong customer interfacing background, as well as superior oral and written communication skills.
* Extensive technical writing skills are a requirement.
* In depth knowledge of all routing protocols (For example : BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service.
* Strong understanding and familiarity with router, LAN switch, application accelerator, wireless controller and IP Voice.
* Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures