Sr. Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Network Engineer (Norcross, GA)
Comverge is the industry s leading provider of integrated demand response, energy efficiency and customer engagement solutions that enable electric utilities to ensure grid reliability, lower energy costs, meet regulatory demands and enhance the customer experience. Through its combination of software, hardware and services, Comverge helps utilities optimize every aspect of a demand management program, from participant recruitment and device installation to call center support, control events and measurement and verification. Comverge has worked with hundreds of electric utilities to deploy nearly six million energy management devices and enroll more than 1.8 million residential customers into mass-market demand management programs. In July 2015, Navigant Research ranked Comverge the industry s number one demand response provider. For more information, visit www.comverge.com and follow us on Twitter at @Comverge.
About the Job:
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for overall leadership and management of the Cisco network infrastructure which includes: architecture, implementation and support of production LAN/WAN communications infrastructure. This position will also be responsible for F5 load balancers and iRules as well as network security and security devices. The candidate will need to demonstrate a high degree of initiative with minimum supervision working in a high impact function with short timelines using the latest networking technologies to develop and implement solutions that meet business needs. It is also expected the Senior Network Engineer will stay up to date on the latest technology and best-practice guidelines in order to make recommendations for enhancements in the technological environment. Regular on-call responsibility is required.
This individual must have solid experience and strong working knowledge to be able to support internal business systems and our SAAS environment in the following areas:
Network Management and Support
* Configuring, supporting, and maintaining of LAN and WAN infrastructure including circuits, Cisco routers, switches, F5 s, ASA s, and UCS Infrastructure.
* After hours execution of network changes with the ability to ensure redundant failover to ensure no operational interruptions
* Manage Network Infrastructure with extensive knowledge of Layer 2 (Switching) and Layer 3 (Routing) Protocols.
* Support Remote Offices circuits, routers, switches, data, security and voice network.
* Manage Data Center Security and Monitoring Network i.e. Solarwinds, IDS/IPS, and Qradar
* Strong ability to troubleshoot network systems and performance, and remediate issues professionally and concisely
* Proficiency in analyzing packet captures and protocol analysis tools accurately to resolve application response time issues
* Driving large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations while staying within time and financial budgets
* Delivering escalated, highly complex technical support to external and internal customers, internal systems, and others by using effective techniques and methodologies
* Managing Wireless Network Infrastructure, i.e WAP s, Radius and AD Authentication to WAP s.
* Work with NOC team to support a on call rotation of the Network Infrastructure Support
* Support corporate LAN / WAN circuits and coordinate with vendors on any changes and configuration updates.
* Ensure all network component configuration is backed up to Orion
Voice Management and Support
* Configuring and maintaining of Cisco Voice Infrastructure
* Administer any voice circuits and coordinate with vendors on any changes and support needed
F5 Configuration and Administration
* Support and creation of iRules on F5 load balancers
* Creation of Virtual Servers, Pools, iRules, Nodes, etc
* Creation of Monitors, Address Translations, and Traffic Class
* Creation of Device Groups and Device Trust with Trust, CA Certificates, Identity Certificates, and Traffic Groups.
* Configure Network parameters including, Interfaces, Routes, Self IP s, Packet Filters, Trunks, Tunnels, VLAN s, etc.
* Configure System parameters including, Configuration, Device Certificates, File/Disk/Software Management, License Updates, Users, SNMP, etc.
* Management and creation of SSL certificates, both self-signed and third party signed, within the application environment
* Management of network security appliances and tools such as Cisco ASA s, Cisco IDS/IPS and QRadar.
* Configure SSL VPN tunnels
* Configure Site to Site VPN tunnels
* Configure FirePower / SourceFire for IDS / IPS
* Manage and maintain the disaster recovery site including regular DR tests and procedures for any DR event
* Be able to execute any disaster fail over include BGP failover, External DNS failover
* Manage ASA routers with OTV
* Ensure network configuration at disaster recovery site remains in sync with primary to support any failover needed
* Implement and support networking for live environments run in the disaster recovery site in addition to the failover configurations
* Development and maintenance of documentation, training tools, and knowledge base for issues and remediation steps for Tier 1/2 service desk
* Configure image updates on Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA s, F5 s and UCS Infrastructure.
* Minimum 10 years experience as a Cisco Certified Network Engineer
* Experience with F5 and creation of application specific iRules a must
* Experience in managing SSL certificates a must
* Strong log analysis and troubleshooting skills a must
* Data Center & Security Support and Engineering Experience
* Experience with VMWare
* Experience with Cisco UCS installation and configuration.
* Experience with Layer 3 Routing: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc.
* Experience supporting Cisco AnyConnect
* Experience with network monitoring/management platforms.
* Ability to Architect Network Infrastructure using best practices, make recommendations on how to optimize Network Infrastructure performance:
* Cisco Voice Network
Cisco Nexus Switches
F5 BIG-IP LTM
* Awareness of IT governance such as SOC or SSAE 16
* Ability to work with Cisco TAC
* Experience maintaining security intelligence platform (Qradar)
* Comfortable with the provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN / WAN technologies such as T1/T3 circuits, Point to Point circuits, MPLS, ISP circuits, and Voice circuits
* Demonstrated ability to perform complex problem isolation in the LAN/WAN environments
* Proficient use of packet analyzers, network assessment tools
Additional skills desired:
* Experience in a hosted application environment a plus
* Experience with OTV a plus
* Experience in an ITIL environment a plus
* Strong ability to work complex problems, evaluate information and arrive at creative solutions
* Ability to perform complex problem isolation with Telecommunications Infrastructure such as PRI/T1 s, SIP trunks
* Tier 2 or 3 level experience in supporting Cisco Unified Call Manager a plus
* Experience configuring Cisco wireless phones, IP phones, Voice Gateways
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and positive working environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential