Sr. Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
As a member of our Network Operations team, you will help manage the company's production network infrastructure. You will be expected to come up to speed quickly on difficult problems, and execute projects with precision. We have high expectations and are looking for professionals with strong experience in building and troubleshooting highly available networks. Must have work related experience in UNIX/Linux.
* 7+ years of experience in Network Engineering
* High level of competency when designing, deploying and operating multi-pop IP networks
* Experienced with BGP including an intimate familiarity of protocol fundamentals
* In depth knowledge of load balancing technologies using F5, A10, or similar
* High level of proficiency with Python, Ruby or Perl, particularly around consumption of RESTful APIs (JSON and XML)
* Experienced in JunOS (MX platform), IOS/IOS-XR, and NX-OS configuration and operation. Arista EOS is a plus.
* Working knowledge of backbone protocols including MPLS, RSVP-TE, LDP and FastReroute
* Well versed in IGP protocols: OSPF, IS-IS, or EIGRP
* Proven track record of operational automation
* Minimum 3 years professional experience driving UNIX/Linux systems, including operation of DNS and DHCP services
* Experience deploying, operating, automating NMS and network configuration management systems
* Exceptional communication, implementation and release practices
* Participate in 24x7x365 on-call support rotation
* Experience deploying and securing IPv6 networks, from the internet edge to access ports
* Familiarity with SDN concepts
* Experience supporting Windows & Linux VM network configurations
* BA/BS IT/CS or related field (or equivalent experience)
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com