Sr. Operations Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
Nexeo Solutions, LLC
The Woodlands, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONNexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America, EMEA, and Asia. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. As a private company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
BASIC DUTIES / SKILLSET / KNOWLEDGE NEEDED:
* Lead analyst to support Network Strategy & Optimization, Operations Strategy, Commercial Development, and Performance Improvement.
* Development of analytic models to support key decisions including: Facility additions/consolidations, Optimal sourcing/stocking locations, Cost benchmarking, Investment appraisal, and Operational metrics/opportunities.
* Sound understanding of financial analysis and decision making, including financial statements, fixed/variable costs, discounted cash flow (DCF), Net Present Value (NPV)
* Experience with standard Operations and Transportation metrics and ability to construct metrics to measure performance in key areas of interest.
* Ability to gather the right data, frame the problem, analyze the situation, and provide insights to the broader supply chain team.
* Development of recommendations based on data-driven insights with an appreciation for risk and sensitivity.
* Develop, manage and distribute weekly operational reports and metrics across the supply chain team.
* Collaborate with broad and diverse groups, departments and stakeholders to establish requirements, extract data from multiple sources, perform data driven analysis to uncover insights and develop recommendations, present results and findings and make recommendations.
* Proactively manage and maintain existing databases, by working independently and reaching out to others as needed, ensuring data is accurate and kept current
* Provide both ad-hoc and scheduled reports, data, and analytical support to operations and project management staff as needed
* Hold and manage monthly and weekly calls with corporate, regional and local operations staff and personnel to discuss, review and answer questions regarding reports and metrics data
* 7-10 years of experience with data analytics, financial analysis, operations and logistics.
* Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or Finance
* Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access (and other databases), SAP, and BW or other enterprise data warehouse systems.
* People skills to work in a heavily collaborative and cross functional teamwork based environment
* Ability to quickly and easily access and pull together data as needed
* Ability to quickly develop understanding of warehousing and distribution business preferably chemicals industry. This includes transportation modes from Bulk/Truckload/LTL/Rail
* 10-20% Travel expected as needed and required
* Prefer strong background in Chemicals Distribution if possible
* Strong knowledge of transportation and logistics in a distribution environment, including but not limited to trans. rates, costing, pricing, LTL and common carrier modes / practices, etc.
* Knowledge of the following would be helpful MapPoint, Supply Chain Guru, Tableau, Minitab
* Leans Six Sigma Green or Black Belt experience/certification
* Basic knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.