Sr. Operations Manager - Warehouse & Supply Chain 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SR. OPERATIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: DULUTH, GA
DURATION: LONG TERM
* As part of Global External Manufacturing organization, directs NA/PAC External Manufacturing processes and operations dedicated to contract manufacturing in order to ensure continuous product supply, mitigate risks of achieving forecasted sales levels, monitor and optimize investments in inventory working capital, and to co-manage with Procurement (PRO) the costs and supplier relationships.
* Lead a team of S/C professionals that must drive improvements in supplier agility & customer service, foster and implement cost reduction opportunities, contribute to sourcing decisions, ensure adequate capacity to support growth, and improve the speed to market for New Product Launches, Business Development initiatives, and site transfers.
* Implementation of GEM's short and long term strategies in NA/PAC, and ways of working within and outside of the company, to support Merial and Sanofi Group objectives.
* Lead a collaborative and operationally efficient team of skilled S/C professionals to consistently deliver high performance and achievement of business objectives.
* Direct GEM operational activities in NA/PAC, including but not limited to contract compliance, cost management, optimization of working capital, accurate/efficient physical and financial/data flows and product delivery, resolution of production difficulties, plus customer service for the supply of externally manufactured products to meet customer demand.
* Anticipate potential supply risks and identify, then initiate actions to appropriately mitigate negative business impacts, while providing effective communication with pertinent regional actors.
* Lead and collaborate with Procurement and Legal, the negotiation of new (or renewal of) Supply/Distribution Agreements, annual pricing, and resolution of contractual issues.
* Team with Regional Strategic Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, and Business Development in new product projects that involve Contract Manufacturing Operations (CMOs) and ensure appropriate value-added participation, including identifying upstream preferred suppliers and facilitating quicker & smoother new product launches.
* Ensure compliance of third party contract agreements, with regard to terms & conditions, and that Merial interests are protected.
* Contribute to the sourcing strategy and cross-functional efforts within Merial to create a simpler and sustainable CMO portfolio, with rationalization of CMOs by way of migration to preferred suppliers and product repatriations.
* Manage the regional expense budget and inventory working capital, plus provide reliable financial forecasts (EA, PP, LRP), early visibility of potential deviations, and then direct corrective actions to reach established targets.
* Proactively support Merial's strategic initiatives and IO projects.
* Monitor and benchmark performance, to drive a culture of continuous improvement along with the development and utilization of supplier relationship management and Supply Chain best practices.
* Identify team training requirements and implement programs/remediation where gaps exist. Promote a safe and secure work environment for all employees and contractors.
* Ideally 10+ years of broad cross-functional pharmaceutical &/or biological operations management experience.
* Working knowledge of pharmaceutical cGMPs, manufacturing operations, sourcing, & supply chain.
* Experience with FDA regulated pharmaceutical development/manufacturing.
* Successful history of working collaboratively across functions (and ideally with third party vendors) plus developing and maintaining strategic/productive business relationships (internal & external).
* Demonstrated ability to influence and lead multi-functional and cross-cultural teams towards achievement of common goals.
* Strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills and solid business acumen.
* Effective negotiator with excellent oral and written presentation skills and the ability to present coherent strategies and implement these with subordinates and through influential leadership.
* Knowledgeable of supply chain systems and support tools.
* Fully fluent in English (spoken & written)
EDUCATION: University Degree, preferably in Business or Engineering. Postgraduate diplomapreferred