Sr. Operator, Master Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
Time Warner Cable
El Segundo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered
systems located mainly in five geographic areas New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio,
southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas.
Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed
data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable
television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable,
offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable.
Time Warner Cable Regional Sports will offer sports programming to the Southern California. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com,
Time Warner Cable Sports currently seeks a Transmission Operations Engineer for its two Regional Sports
Networks in Southern California. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Summary of Role: The Senior Operator, Master Control is responsible for all operational aspects of our live and
non-live broadcasts that originate or are routed through our Broadcast Master Control. This includes operation of
all related equipment, communication between the field production group on site, the programming department,
traffic department, promotions department and transmission department. The Senior Operator must have indepth
technical knowledge and be adept at proactively identifying and resolving issues.
Essential Job Functions:
* Supports the Supervisor and Manager in the fulfillment the companies broadcast requirements
* Function in a team leadership role among operators
* Coordinate activities between Broadcast Operations and Live Event site during the broadcast
* Ensure accurate and error-free integration of live programming and live cut-ins by working closely with inhouse
and remote production staff and A.D. s
* Implements contigency plans for delays in live action, over runs, overlaps in events.
* Maintain all required logs and feed information in the TWC Regional Sports systems.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Harris Automation, Evertz Master Control Switchers, Evertz routers,
Harris test and monitoring equipment, Nexio playout servers, VTR s, and ingest and archival technology
utilized by the company.
* Conduct first-line discrepancy investigation, troubleshooting, escalation and reporting of service
* Liaison between departments and remotes
* Ensure that formats are followed during live events
Ensure elements including but not limited to billboard, sponsorship elements, scoring ticker, animated
lower thirds and bugs are executed properly on-air by the Master Control Operator.
Make all necessary changes to logs before, during and following a live event.
Make adjustments to logs for all event replays
Follow contingencies provided by the Programming Department and fill airtime with contingency
programming during delays or technical difficulties.
Make promotion changes whenever necessary.
Complete an Issues Summary Report following each event.
Trains Master Control Operator
Relief of Master Control Operators and Media Operators as needed.
Magnitude & Autonomy of Decision Making
* Will make decisions based on procedures and situations that impact program schedules and feeds.
* Participates in operational and strategic planning, including workflow, personnel and equipment.
* Participates in the development and execution of standards and procedures
Knowledge & Experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a broadcast network environment.
* Firm grasp of on-air broadcast workflows and systems including master control and media operations.
* Understanding of traffic logs and procedures.
* Ability to independently make log changes based on network requirements and needs
* Flexibility to work when required (weekends + after hours when needed)
Formal Education & Certification
* College diploma or university degree in an associated field or equivalent work experience.
* SBE certification desirable
* Limited travel depending on project needs
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving
* Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
* Flexible during times of change.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Must be willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan,
tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: RSNS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00786 - El Segundo Alaska Ave
Job Code: TWCNOP240 Operator 3, Programming Ops Nonexempt