Sr Oracle DBA 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join an international leader in machine to machine devices and the software that manages them. They are public and growing, both organically and via acquisition. They are an equal opportunity employer that offers a full range of benefits and competitive compensation. Base is $80-105K depending on experience. This is a permanent role. No C2C. Local candidates only. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH PERMANENT AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP WILL BE CONSIDERED.
As a key member of the information systems team, the Oracle DBA will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, validation and execution of current and new software and hardware solutions for our client's enterprise proprietary platform. This position will also assist with identifying and documenting customer requirements and conceptualizing solutions that would meet such requirements. This position will be responsible for documentation, troubleshooting, and system debugging. Specifically you will need to:
* Develop hardware/software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
* Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
* Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
* Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
* Provide reliable estimates on efforts required to implement technical requirements and assessments on project risks.
* Needs to work in a distributed development environment between multiple time zones and locations.
* Present test analysis and deployment plans and seek approval for changes via change control board.
* Travel minimal (~5%)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET: