Sr. Oracle Database Management Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Sr. Oracle Database Management Specialist to work in our Fairfax, VA (Zip Code 22031) office.
Responsible for technical leadership, advisory, and oversight for Oracle Database management in an infrastructure environment providing team management, solutions, recommendations for policy, standard operating procedures, guidelines, and process improvement using industry best practices. Provide oversight on Oracle Databases process, design, configuration, integration, testing and technical architecture.
Able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate need prior to development of an automated solution. Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data through the use of database management systems (DBMS). Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function. Provides oversight and direction in designing, creating, and maintaining databases in a client/server environment and conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data and advises users on access to various client/server databases. Controls access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
The Database Management Specialist applies knowledge and experience with Oracle database technologies and development methodologies and directs database design trade offs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
Responsible for the following tasks:
* Determining the cause of problems both in terms of functionality and performance, to include providing after action reports with root cause analysis.
* Identifying corrective actions for database issues.
* Coordinating database solution implementation.
* Providing end-to-end support for build and deployment activities.
* Conducting data migrations across the various environments.
* Providing support for Configuration, Change, and Release Management (CCRM) activities.
* Provide on-call problem resolution and support.
* Performance tuning of database instances across various applications.
* Creating database schemas and associated configurations.
* Creating scripts to support DB creation and related activities.
* Generating and maintaining scripts to automate common operations & maintenance tasks.
* Providing end-to-end support for production and alternate production deployment activities.
* Troubleshooting database related issues across environments.
* BS or Master\'s in Computer Science, MIS or related field of study
* Minimum of 10 years of database administration in an enterprise systems environment.
* Experience with Oracle 11g and 12c Enterprise Database.
* Must have strong experience in Oracle RAC, ASM and Performance Tuning.
* Experience with Linux Operating systems and shell scripting.
* Experience monitoring and managing Oracle performance using Oracle OEM
* Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance.
* Demonstrates specialized experience handling large amounts of data communicated and shared across numerous entities.
* Demonstrates experience coordinating among individuals and groups in a complex, time-sensitive environment.
* Demonstrates experience and knowledge of database application development and experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle DataGuard.
* Holds Oracle Database Administrator certification.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.