Sr. PASS Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
POSITION: SR. PASS ANALYST
SR PASS Research Analysts assist in providing advanced level analytical and research support for Consulates/Embassies by identifying and notating case file discrepancies found in queries. They correspond via e-mail and telephone with post and a government agency to help answer any questions they may have. They are responsible for clearly and concisely documenting search results according to a prescribed format.
Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Conduct research on visa cases prior to these being sent to an Embassy/Consulate for adjudication by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: visa petitions, applications, and supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, government, commercial and open source databases.
* Perform analyses on research conducted and information received from various locations in an effort to identify possible fraudulent activity related to visa cases.
* Write reports in a clear and concise manner that summarize the information gathered and identified during research.
* Coordinate and network with Agency personnel, other government agencies, and coworkers to facilitate information sharing on visa cases that involve fraud or potential criminal activity.
* Perform analyses on visa petitions being returned from Embassies/Consulates to identify trends that may be useful in future research.
* Maintain a working knowledge of a variety of resources that pertain to the eligibility requirements of the various visa categories.
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned to advance the PASS unit s mission of supporting pre-adjudication as it relates to visa cases.
EDUCATION: Bachelor s degree and two years of experience gathering and analyzing information from a variety of sources. Four additional years of that experience may be substituted for the degree.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Successfully completed the PASS Initial Training Course within the first ninety (90) days of employment; or, must be able to accomplish the same if not already a PASS Mid-level Research Analyst.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated the ability to identify areas of improvement in both the workflow and quality of PASS Unit work products. SECURITY CLEARANCE: U.S. citizen who is able to obtain and maintain a SECRET level clearance.
Travel: Some travel for training and familiarization purposes Required. MINIMUM SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Select the best methods or procedures to process complex cases;
* Identify errors and areas for improvement in KCC Research Products e.g., research templates, memos.
* Must possess analytical skills and attention to detail to successfully analyze and evaluate trends, and;
* Must possess strong computer and organizational skills and be able to prioritize simultaneous workflow duties, and;
* Strong command of the English language both verbally and written
* Advanced Computer Skills
* Demonstrate a professional work ethic
* Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: In order to apply for an internally posted position, you must: 1. Have acceptable performance (not on a corrective action plan) 2. Meet the experience and educational requirements as outlined in the job description. If qualified, 1. Go to FCiFederal.com and apply for the position. 2. Attach other documentation such as a resume, as needed 3. The Hiring Manager and Human Resources will determine the most qualified internal candidates. Simply meeting minimum requirements does not necessarily guarantee an interview Applications must be submitted online between Monday, 07/25/16 and Monday, 08/01/16 to be considered. FCi Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.