Sr Paralegal Analyst (CSO)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Under general supervision of the Assistant Corporate Secretary, provides legal and compliance support to the Corporate Secretary's Office ('CSO') and across the organization. Provides legal assistance as requested, including researching and analyzing legal questions, drafting and reviewing Board resolutions, minutes, materials, filings, correspondence and procedures, and maintains accurate corporate records. Participates in and manages ongoing or special projects as needed. Work typically involves applying knowledge of corporate governance standards and practices, and regulatory trends to complex processes; brings a new perspective to existing solutions.
* Board and Committee Meetings: Coordinates Pacific Mutual Holding Company, Pacific LifeCorp, and Pacific Life Insurance Company's subsidiary and affiliate administration and governance, including Board, Committee and annual Shareholder meetings, and drafting respective minutes, actions, materials and regulatory filings in compliance with current regulations. Liaises with Directors and Officers regarding board meetings and materials, governance and trends, and orientation/education.
* Corporate Administration and Compliance: Manages the formation, maintenance and dissolution of subsidiaries, including preparing relevant documentation and regulatory filings in compliance with current laws and regulations. Researches and analyzes laws, rules and regulations pertaining to routine filings with regulatory agencies, including the Secretaries of State and State Departments of Insurance; prepares, revises and finalizes documents for filing. Assists in subject matter training within the department.
* Corporate Books and Records: Prepares and maintains corporate records including Board and Committee meeting minutes, actions, and meeting materials.
* Member Relations and Annual Meeting: Oversees the planning and coordination of Pacific Mutual Holding Company Members' annual proxy solicitation, including implementation of policies and procedures.
* Project Management: Oversees and/or undertakes special projects, as required or received from the CSO, Management, Law, or other departments, and develops, prioritizes and monitors achievement of project goals.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
-College Degree and completion of ABA approved paralegal program and a minimum of 3 years experience preferred.
-Knowledge and experience with general corporate functions including formation, dissolution, minutes, resolutions, articles, bylaws, operating agreements and related regulatory filings, and corporate records maintenance.
-Ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively prioritize work while maintaining high quality.
-A self-starter with exceptional organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and comfortable interacting with senior management.
-Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software applications. Westlaw / Secretariat / OpenText / SharePoint / Directors Desk software experience, and Notary Public, a plus.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: * Competitive salary and bonus program * Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees * Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) * Generous vacation time and holiday pay * And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.