Sr. Pharmacist Supervisor - Investigational Drugs 9/2/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
Sr. Pharmacist Supervisor - Investigational Drugs
Pharmacist Sr Supv
$72.00 / $12528
$97.20 / $16913
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmaceutical Services, the Supervisor coordinates and supervises the activities of the staff of the Investigational Drug Section. These activities include the initiation, monitoring and auditing of all investigational drug studies approved by the UCLA Institutional Review Board to ensure compliance with institutional, federal and state regulatory guidelines. Other functions include ensuring adequate staffing, training new employees, performing employee evaluations, participating in inter- and intradepartmental committees, and ensuring that drug distribution, clinical services and investigational services are provided according to established departmental policies and procedures.
1. Skill in establishing and maintaining alpha/numeric files.
2. Skill in reading, understanding and interpreting technical and scientific material such as investigational drug protocols, medical literature and state and federal regulations.
3. Skill in writing articles, which are suitable for publication in professional journals and departmental newsletters.
4. Ability to speak on a one-on-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
5. Skill in correctly performing routine mathematical and statistical computations.
6. Skill in making appropriate job related decisions following standard departmental and Medical Center policies.
7. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and professional staff of the UCLA Medical Center.
8. Skill in reviewing the use of investigational drugs and judging whether the use conforms to established standards.
9. Skill in performing job requirements with frequent interruptions and/or distractions supervision.
10. Skill in setting priorities, which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
11. Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal supervision.
12. Knowledge of policies and procedures governing use and administration of investigational drugs of the UCLA Medical Center, (i.e., Human Subjects Protection Committee and of the Department of Pharmaceutical Services).