Sr. Systems Engineer, Platform
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
NaviSite, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit: www.navisite.com.
We are looking for candidates who are seeking to build their careers in the field of IT to work in a fast-pace, technology-driven, customer-facing environment.
He/she will be providing daily technical supports for a wide range of customers on Navisite Cloud Platform.
The Engineer will work to identify the root causes of customer issues and will strive to incorporate correct solutions with minimal rework. He/she is expected to provide technical expertise and effective communication with the Customer and other Navisite Support/Engineering teams.
The Engineer will be working with a team to maintain/support customer virtual systems in cloud environment. Some key responsibilities include:
* Maintain and support Windows/Linux systems in virtual/cloud environment.
* Network administration.
* ESX/Vmware/VSphere Administration, Performance monitoring, Virtual network etc.
* Power shell scripting, Unix Shell scripting.
* Troubleshooting - involve the inspection of logs on multiple platforms, Reading / reviewing the running configuration of Cisco networking devices to look for problems. Making database queries to find data discrepancies, or explaining how application-specific pieces of the infrastructure work for the engineers on other teams that are engaged in resolving the issue.
* Perform change request events around NaviSite's Data Center procedures (and possibly during off-hours and weekends).
* Manage customer communication. Work with customer to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
* Work with vendors to resolve hardware and/or operating system issues.
* Required to participate in an engineer On-Call rotation.
* 4-5 years supporting Vmware environment
* 4-5 years supporting Windows/Linux environment in Virtual environment
* 4-5 years Networking (Cisco ASA, Citirix VPX, DHCP etc).
* Proficient with automation using Power shell/UNIX shell/Ansible/Fabric.
* Proficient with DNS, NTP, FTP, LDAP, SMTP, Secured Shell (SSH) is highly desirable
* Proficient with system monitoring, performance troubleshooting and OS tuning
* Proficient with the operating model of UDP/TCP networking, packet capturing etc.
* Proficiency with ESX/VSphere is a must.
* Proficient with some monitoring tools such as Nagios, SNMP, Netcool, IPSOFT etc.
* Familiarity with Apache, WebSphere or similar web portals is highly desirable.
* Familiarity of some type backup software providing self-service backup solution (ex. Veritas NetBackup, or Commvault).
* Experience with the ticketing (ITSM) system is a plus.
* Familiarity with replication or DR technology.
* Strong customer communication skill in a professional capacity.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00800 - Andover 400 Minuteman Rd
Job Code: TWCISY280 Sr Engineer, System Exempt