Sr Pricing Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
El Segundo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Senior E-Commerce Pricing & Marketing Analyst will work on the creation and development of sales and pricing strategy for all products in the Mattel and Fisher Price portfolio.
This position supports the implementation of Direct to Consumer strategy regarding margin management activity for all products and Direct to Consumer eCommerce channels. Responsible for daily margin updates and reporting routines conducted by the margin management team. Position is expected to be a resource in gathering and analyzing sales activity by brand and by channel. Information and analysis will be leveraged along with market and trending models to influence the best margin decisions possible. Works directly with the merchandising team to research pricing issues or support margin strategy.
The Senior Analyst will be tasked with:
* Support reporting routines to accurately track impact of margin changes to the P&L as well as build a promotions pricing approval process that takes into consideration financial goals in setting price for promotions and regular churn activities.
* Create and maintain suite of reporting to communicate revenue and financial performance to senior management
* Complete analysis of volume and margin trending by various attributes and identify impact to pricing strategy
* Complete special projects to support revenue growth as requested by management
* Working with our brand teams to understand the product and scope potential sales opportunities
* Working with our Demand Planning team to ensure optimal product flows to support designed activities
* Grow our eCommerce footprint
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Account for pricing effect on demand and advise as to appropriate changes to drive revenue and net profit goals.
* Monitor weekly POS and make and with input from Merchandising and Demand Planning teams collaborate on quota setting in quantity and flow.
* Participate in periodic and regular reviews with planning team to ensure appropriate product support for sales activities.
* Work with our GBT teams to ensure correct product mix (or introducing new mixes) and securing DTC exclusives where possible.
* Build necessary reports to maintain and meet financial goals.
* Monitor U.S. brick and mortar as well as retailer .com activity to leverage all sales opportunities based on trend and inventory availability.
* Establish repeatable and reliable processes to: monitor all activity in the DTC and non-DTC marketplace to make actionable decisions to maximize sales; streamline speed to merchandise; leverage pricing opportunities to drive sales; etc.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Must exhibit strong attention to detail with experience communicating research to management level in a compressed timeframe
* Ability to manage multiple projects in a complex and changing work environment
* Very strong oral and written communication skills required
* Minimum 3 years experience in quantitative sales, planning, finance and/or marketing analytics
* Exceptional Quantitative Business Analysis skills are mandatory
* Understanding of financial metrics and KPI s and drivers of those metrics, including but not limited to, revenue, net profits, inventory turn, days of supply, gross margin
* Prior experience working on projects or processes related to management of margin or revenue goals
* Must possess ability to contribute as part of a collaborative team and strong business acumen to efficiently reach goals when working independently
* Must be highly proficient in MS Excel, with experience in modeling, pivot tables and SQL preferred
* Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical and sound judgment skills
* Strong business acumen and ability to interface with senior management
* Bachelor s degree required, an MBA is preferred
* Preferred but not required: Microsoft Access experience and expertise; eComm sales, marketing, planning, merchandising experience
Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl , Barbie , Fisher-Price , Hot Wheels , Monster High and Thomas & Friends , among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer