Sr. Principal Program Manager, Business Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Sr Princ Program Manager, Business Operations
In the Product Operations Group, you will have the opportunity to work directly with leadership from each of our Product Development functions to devise plans and lead cross functional projects that focus on increasing the efficiency of delivering world class products to market while streamlining associated costs. This group is devoted to improving the way Veritas functions as cohesive organization and ensuring each business unit has the tools, processes and flexibility to deliver to their specific targets while ensuring accountability to the entire business in terms of product portfolio management, talent acquisition, site strategies, budget management, and resource management. If you would like to play a key role in ensuring the continued success of market leading organization, then this group is for you!
* Assist with the strategic and tactical operations planning for a large engineering organization
* Establish a system to organize, prioritize and execute operational programs based on ROI in terms of potential cost savings and efficiencies
* Capture, understand, organize and consolidate a variety of tools and processes in collaboration with Business Unit partners to achieve business operations goals
* Manage complex Projects and Programs focused on operational objectives with emphasis on stakeholder management and alignment, executive reporting and organizational accountability for delivering on time and to plan
* Partner with Finance to identify cost containment target areas, (Capex and Opex), propose solutions to control/focus spending and execute projects to realize improvements
* Partner with Human Resources to improve Resource Management processes from Talent Acquisition to Resource assignment tracking and utilization
* Proven record of managing people, projects and large cross functional teams
* Proven record of applied Project/Program Management skills, has managed large/complex programs
* Proven record of reporting and presenting to executive leadership
* Experience in critical evaluation of cost structure, identifying contributing components and establishing plans to address opportunities for improvement
* General knowledge of high end IT Technology hardware and software
* Minimum of 4 years of budget management
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with purchasing and vendor management
* Solid Business acumen
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Ability to work in a non-structured environment
* Ability to set and meet deadlines with willingness to put in extra effort during critical periods
* Good skill level with Excel, SharePoint, and comfort level with other Office applications, plus ability to learn applications quickly
* Flexibility to work hours to accommodate/maximize communication flow with vendors and global team members.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.