Sr Principal Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe person we are searching for will be instrumental in defining and implementing the systems and methods required to strengthen the softwaretechnology. He/she will be the chief point of contact for all instruments: define the life cycle and systems and methods for software development. After getting the CO division started on the new software path the individual hired will assist other divisions in adopting the new software systems and methods. The CO division has been funded for a new product development project where you will define the architecturerequired to bring this product to market and establish the new systems and methods for software development. Additional resources, such as contractors or outsourcing to product development firms will be available to you as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* A high level technical expert role having software design ownership for all electronic product families.
* Evaluates technology and provides technical direction for technology or product line.
* Lead the technical direction of all software development projects from concept to completion.
* Translate business and design goals into usable products.
* Responsible for standards and documentation of software development including training of others on the technical staff.
* Participate in design and code reviews.
* Architect and specify hardware and software infrastructure.
* Responsible for test plans and test implementation and to the creation of V&V plans and protocols.
* Perform design of new products, and solving design and manufacturing problems on existing product lines.
* Select and manage outsourced software development firms and individual softwarecontractors on an as needed basis.
* 5 - 10 years experience in embedded software design and development. Prior experience in developing medical devices is a plus.
* Expert in C/C++ for embedded systems running with or without an RTOS on various microprocessors, including assembly firmware in an embedded environment.
* Expert in both object oriented design and development as well as procedural development.
* Must possess basic knowledge of electronic hardware and software design relating to real-time embedded systems.
* Experience using software design patterns.
* Experience with test driven development (TDD).
* Experience with unit testing frameworks such as CppUnit.
* Experience with UML is desirable.
* Demonstrated understanding of the full life cycle of software development.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, or a technical equivalent. Master's Degree is desirable