Sr. Principal Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. Principal Software EngineerJob ID:
Job Title - Sr. Principal Software Engineer Job Location - Rochester, NY Job Code -CS20163008-13837 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries and has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:
The software engineer will be responsible for delivering sound Android software solutions that meet product requirements utilizing the latest technologies and methods to create cutting edge products from concept to implementation. Responsibilities include preparing detailed specifications for the software development projects, working with internal and external engineering resources to develop, validate and deliver end high quality products. Tasks include working with System Engineering and Product Management to establish and document detailed requirements, analyzing/evaluating designs for compliance with specifications and design documentation.Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:* Candidates for this position are results-oriented problem solvers that have engineering expertise in Android software systems.
* In this position, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of Public Safety applications on Android native operating system.
* You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for developing state-of-the-art wireless communications products related predominately for HSDPA, LTE and LMR architectures.
* Typical assignments may include system design and testing, modeling, and prototype development with your designs. Qualifications:* 15+ years of experience in designing and/or modeling Android systems with a (BS) Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Preferred Additional Skills* 5+ years of experience in small form factor LTE devices; object-oriented design and development, programming languages include C/C++ and Java; and driver development
* Familiar with Android SW implementation on the HW.Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
* Experience with the Snapdragon product line
* Effective written and oral communication skills required.
* Work effectively with cross-functional teams.
* Experience working with third party development teams.
* Ability to lead teams.
* Experience with product development and manufacturing introduction.* Experience in Agile software development process.
* Experience with scripting language is desired. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Software Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .