Sr Process Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a); US-IN-Spencer
REQUISITION ID: 278655
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, pelvic health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
The Senior Process engineer works cross-functionally to lead process development of complex technologies on new products and ensures efficient and effective transfer of product into production.
Responsible for transferring Product Lines from one (potentially external) manufacturing site to another, working cross-functionally to ensure that product quality and compliance are maintained.
Identifies, creates business case and drives execution of Value Improvement Projects, taking cost out of manufacturing/business processes and products
Works on New Product Development Projects as a core team member, providing PD input
Supports the Franchise Leadership Team by reducing to practice new technologies for use in future products
- Assesses process capabilities, prioritizes process improvement opportunities, and innovates and implements process improvements on platform or derivative projects.
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
- Executes the functional deliverables associated with the PDP/TDP, Project Management, and Quality Systems.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts all aspects of technical reviews.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM's, Routers, FMEA's, etc.)
- Writes and reviews validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes.
- Oversees development builds associated with the project using special work requests.
- Develops qualified production lines.
- Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the engineering print package.
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and engineers and may train manufacturing personnel when required as part of a validation.
- May serve as a core team member or extended team member on new product projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or hard sciences required; Master's Degree in Engineering preferred
- 5 - 7 years similar experience required; Regulated industry experience preferred
- MS office suite experience
- Minitab and Solid Works experience preferred
- Role will require travel 30% of the time
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a); US-IN-Spencer||Manufacturing & Operations||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Research