Sr. Category Manager - Facilities & Ops
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20003255
As an individual contributor within Corporate Procurement's Category Strategy group, the Operations/Corporate Real Estate Sr. Procurement Sourcing Manager will be responsible for development and execution of multi-year category strategies for Express Scripts spend, across multiple categories:
* Facilities Management
* Packaging & Supplies
The Sr. Procurement Sourcing Manager will collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams to understand, align and support business goals. The role will be responsible for establishing & leading cross-functional category council with representation from various levels throughout the organization, understanding supply market trends, identifying value levers, and developing multi-year strategies to ensure maximum value to Express Scripts patients, clients, & shareholders. The role will develop & execute implementation plans to ensure business benefits are fully realized.
The Sr. Procurement Manager Role will develop strategies to influence spend valued from $50M to $100M+ annually.
* Identify key business partners and establish/lead cross-functional category councils to identify current issues and develop strategies in alignment with corporate initiatives
* Provide rigorous analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to prioritize, develop, & launch strategic initiatives
* Develop multiple category strategies using various value levers, including but not limited to strategic sourcing
* Gather stakeholder and subject-matter insights/business requirements to ensure supply strategy achieves the desired business objectives
* Manage the planning and execution of RFIs/RFPs/RFQs through our Sourcing team
* Lead and manage supplier negotiations, including negotiation planning, internal stakeholder preparation, status updates, and post-negotiation lessons learned.
* Present results of category strategies to senior executives and cross-functional stakeholders
* 8 - 12 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering
* 5 7 years of experience with a Master's Degree
* 3-5 years of experience with assigned categories preferred, either in a procurement or functional role
* Supply market knowledge for the assigned categories of spend
* C.P.M. or CPSM designation from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) preferred
* Ability to collaboratively and positively influence suppliers, customers, and internal team members at various levels with the organization
* Proven track record in developing and executing strategic plans & managing multiple complex initiatives concurrently
* Excellent communication/facilitation skills, both oral and written
* Familiarity with RFx processes & best practices; experience with RFx processes preferred
* Proven track record in high value negotiations, including complex contractual terms
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Well-developed financial and market analysis skills
* LI - JB3
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT Procurement is responsible for purchasing all goods and services through approved channels. Procurement responsibilities include providing information, guidelines and collaboration to facilitate the procurement process. Policies and procedures are continuously reviewed and revised to ensure our company remains efficient and competitive.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.