Sr. Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Bio-Rad's Digital Biology Center (DBCC) located in Cambridge, MA, provides the only fully-integrated DNA sequencing platform to help clinical laboratories diagnose genetic diseases and many forms of cancer. We are looking for a Product Manager to help execute our product launch in the Clinical and Research Markets.
The individual will work with our Senior Commercial team to help execute marketing strategy and drive sales.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person who is comfortable working a variety of roles: scientific intelligence, business development and technical support. We are in the final stages of development with a novel, disruptive diagnostic system that has applications in cancer, infectious disease and other diagnostic arenas.
* Contribute to strategy development and execution; moving the initial product from research through commercialization
* Develops messaging and product positioning
* Stays current on competition, benchmarks products
* Represents company at meetings, conferences and trade shows
* Molecular Diagnostics experience: able to communicate technical molecular information in a coherent manner and apply to a diagnostic environment
* Business Development heart: able to identify and grow opportunities even when not articulated
* Troubleshooting skills: able to quickly identify problems and correct person to remedy
* Embraces ambiguity: must be comfortable working in the grey of new product introduction and evolution
* Marketing expert: comfortable being challenged as expert on multidisciplinary core teams
* Creative and innovative balanced with a little discipline
* Enthusiasm for improving personalized medicine, one patient at a time
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
* Customer oriented thinking
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Independent and strategically minded
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
* Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
* Product development experience preferably in molecular diagnostics
* Bachelor s Degree in biological sciences, genetics or related field; Master s Degree, MBA or Ph.D. is a plus
* Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Product Management of Molecular Diagnostics
* Previous experience with genotyping and sequencing a plus
* Product Launch experience is a plus