Sr Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 9/8/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONTycos Security Products business unit provides market leading security solutions to customers in all key vertical markets from Retail to Government to Commercial buildings. The Product Manager for Exacq is responsible for tactical operations of the family of Network Video Recorders (NVR), Video Management Systems (VMS), hybrid recorders, and cloud-based solutions.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for managing the portfolio on a global basis. Major responsibilities include managing product line profitability, development of strategy for the product segment, owning new product introduction and obsolescence, overseeing cost-out/value-engineering initiatives, coordinating new market expansion, defining and managing market research and assisting with brand development programs. Sr. PM will work with the marketing pricing organization to optimize pricing on a global basis. Significant global, cross-functional interaction and project management is required across the organization with global sales, engineering, manufacturing, sourcing and other functions.
The Sr. Product Manager reports to the Director of Product Management for Video. The position is located in Fishers, IN.
* Coordinate execution of convergence strategy among various brands in the business unit.(20%)
* Works with Technical Services and Marketing to ensure all technical documents and marketing literature are accurate and disseminated (15%)
* Manage existing projects, collaboration with R&D, external partners (15%)
* Monitors the financial performance of all assigned products/regions (10%)
* Monitor product forecasts and production plans to ensure appropriate product inventory levels (10%)
* Identify gaps in current product line and develop Market and Product Requirements to initiate New Product Development projects to fill the gaps (10%)
* Works closely with customer service to define and execute product training and knowledge transfer (10%).
* Develop and maintain competitive analysis reports. Analyze pricing and programs of competitor products to determine relative position of current offerings (5%)
* Evaluate and assess new technologies (5%)
* Bachelors Degree with 4 years related experience
* Engineering degree and/or MBA preferred
* Four (4) year degree in business, marketing or an engineering/technical field
* Two (2) years experience in a customer facing or product development role
* Two (2) years experience as a product manager
* 3-5 years of experience in the security and surveillance market
* 2-5 years experience in the digital video management an IP video surveillance market
* Strong preference for experience working with NVR and VMS solutions
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS:
* Sound knowledge of customers and influencers in the digital video Security and IP CCTV industry
* Experience in applications engineering, field installation and/or product management in CCTV/cameras
* Keen curiosity to understand the broader picture of the industry
* Goal-oriented with a strong drive for success
* Clear bias to collaboration to achieve results
* Excellent communications skills
* Strong organization skills
* Attention to detail
* Strong understanding of IP networks
* Strong understanding of video analytics
* Highly competent in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word
* Capable to deliver convincing presentations on products to sales, R&D, marketing and senior staff