Sr. Product Manager 9/17/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
The Product Management team is responsible for creating valuable, profitable products. The Principal Product Manager helps the team accomplish this through product planning, discovery, optimization, leadership, and evangelism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Increases the value of existing, established products through product optimization.
* Defines the minimum viable product or features.
* Takes product concepts and leads discovery with actual customers and users.
* Partners with a lead engineer to ensure feasibility of the product.
* Partners with interaction designers to ensure usability of the product.
* Balances imitation and innovation through competitive and user research.
* Increases the value of our platform by taking brand new product offerings to market.
* Innovates new product concepts through the synthesis of user research, customer feedback, and competitive dynamics.
* Identifies new product opportunities for existing customers and markets.
* Helps plan the logical ordering of new product offerings
* Oversees the integration strategy of products to create a seamless experience and value stream.
* Innovates opportunities to leverage our two-sided marketplace to grow the network.
* Partners with business development professionals to select vendors and manage vendor relationships instrumental to increasing the value of the product.
* Executes on all product management functions with full independence. Shows strong ownership and decisiveness for product and team.
* Independently sets the roadmap yet works with management to ensure roadmap and product strategy is aligned with corporate strategy and peer objectives.
* Follows product principles, department procedures, and standards. Seeks permission to deviate from standards.
* Provides directional leadership to the product team ensuring marketing, sales, engineering, UX, and product are aligned.
* Manages multiple products, a portfolio of integrated products, or significantly complex products
* May oversee congruent product lines.
* Keeps employees informed of organizational developments
* Maintains a consistent and clean product backlog
* 6-8 years practicing Product Management
* 7-10 years of business experience
* Bachelor s degree in related field
Merrill is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Visit this URL to know more http://www.merrillcorp.com/eeo-aae-policy.htm
Merrill participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Merrill is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
Merrill is a drug-free workplace.