Sr. Product Marketing Specialist
Symantec - Mountain View, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Symantec Symantec
- Mountain View, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- 1283BR-Mountain View,...1283BR-Mountain View, CA - all locat
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Relentlessly protect the world's information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an 'essential' partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Since its inception in 1982, Symantec has grown into a Fortune 500 company through a combination of internal development, strategic acquisition, and partnering with industry leaders. At every step in the company's growth we have expanded both our technological expertise and our understanding of customer needs. Our ability to successfully integrate internally developed with technologies we acquire has kept Symantec at the front of its industry and enabled us to provide best-of-breed solutions for millions of corporate and individual customers in more than 50 countries. It is what has earned the company almost every major technology award and top-tier rankings from industry analysts.Responsibilities
* As a key member of the Product Marketing team, this position will work closely with a variety of internal and external groups to define and implement a product communications strategy on a global scale.
* This role requires a mature, experienced product marketing professional who is able to effectively communicate the benefits of a feature-rich solution to SMB, Mid-Market and Large Enterprise.
* This position reports to the Head of Symatec's encryption and data protection product marketing team
* Work with sales, product management, regional marketing and other cross-functional teams to drive market leadership, awareness and revenue.
* Own messaging and sales tools across assigned products including competitive analysis, channel sales tools, collateral, whitepapers, web content, ,etc.
* Partner closely with sales management to understand sales process and priorities to build field enablement programs to meet revenue goals.
* Drive and communicate go to market strategy with cross-functional teams.
* Manage launch planning and roll out for new products, new versions, industries and geographies.
* Work closely with campaign, events, and field marketing teams on marketing program strategy and content creation for conferences, trade shows, webcasts, and field events.
* Act as spokesperson for executive briefings, analyst briefings, press briefings, industry events, webcasts, tradeshows, etc. Build positive relationships with industry analysts. Build content for analyst briefings and inquiry calls.
* Drive strategy and content for website and collateral.
* Manage timelines and budgets for marketing projects.
* Some travel required.Qualifications
* 5+ years experience with marketing and/or product management in software or services
* Technical understanding of computer software. Experience with systems management software a plus.
* Established track record with outbound marketing and field support.
* Knowledge of enterprise sales process and customer buying behavior
* Proven experience managing successful integrated product launches with measurable results.
* Experience building compelling sales tools that drive competitive wins.
* Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing go to market strategies, products, competitors, and market dynamics.
* Self-starter and independent operator with ability to drive both strategy and contribute with individual execution.
* Strong presentation skills and experience presenting to customer executives, press, and analysts.