Sr. Product Security Engineer 9/10/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a Sr. Product Security Engineer with the Synopsys (SIG) Software Security Group, you have the opportunity to assess the security of the products developed by the R&D team. This is a critical position within the business unit, which develops industry-leading tools meant to assess both the quality and security of enterprise software.
As Synopsys becomes a major player in the Software Security industry with its acquisition of Coverity and Codenomicon, the security of our own applications is mission critical. In this role, you will work cross-business, from different groups within R&D, and collaborate with the Security Research Lab (SRL).
You will be responsible for:
* Define and perform secure code reviews and penetration tests across a wide variety of products
* Contribute to threat modeling and architecture risk analysis activities
* Interact directly with development teams to help them understand and mitigate security issues
* Collaborat with the Security Research Lab to define other ways to detect security issues
* Define and contribute to the security excellence of Synopsys SIG development practices
Desired Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s or Master's degree in computer security or related fields with 5+ years of experience.
* A demonstrated expertise in application security topics such as application (web, mobile, and/or embedded) security assessments.
* Strong experience in Penetration Testing and Secure Code Review; experience with Threat Modeling and Architecture Risk Analysis are a huge plus
* Previous experience with a range of security analysis tools.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to lead and coordinate discussions in a small group as well as present them in an organized fashion to larger groups.
* Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to empathize with, and mediate between engineering, customer, and management audiences.
Synopsys, Inc. is the Silicon to Software partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 16th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP, and is also a leader in software quality and security testing. www.synopsys.com/software