Sr. Program Manager, Business Systems 9/12/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The Sr. Program Manager (SPM) will drive judicious business solutions for marketing systems, working with Office Depot Office Max business stakeholders, vendors, and IT. Resource will need to understand database architecture and flows to provide insight to the business during requirements gathering. SPM needs to understand existing program policies and procedures in both organizations in order to produce one set of policies and procedures that are documented, implemented, and monitored. Serve as business subject matter expert when liaising with different functions and levels in the organization (e.g.IT, Loss Prevent, IT, Business, Analysts). SPM helps marketing businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by eliciting the requirements of a project or program, making recommendations based on expertise, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. They lead/monitor communications and day-to-day activities for their programs from launch to finish and report on progress throughout the process. They function as the liaison between Marketing, eCommerce and IT departments. and define opportunities for process improvements, by collecting and analyzingdata to recommend and deploy strategies.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth level of understanding of all business rules, target customer experience, database architecture, user interface, and system flows in order to provide insight during requirements gathering that drives judicious business solutions. Elicit marketing business system requirements by leading interviews and workshops, and creating Business Requirements Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrices, and diagrams. Use experience to determine when to use which modeling technique, following them through a project life cycle, and understand which diagrams are derived from others.
- Lead and perform rule harvesting and rule authoring activities, build and deploy rule sets, perform BOM Updates, Repository synchronization with studio, and implement Dynamic domains. Provide architectural solution to build an UI application for business to authorize the rules
- Assist management effort to establish an ODM Center of Excellence by coming up with best practices in developing BRMS solutions (Rule Harvesting, Rule Authoring, Performance Monitoring, Debugging, Using the right algorithm in rule flows)
- Validate and conduct user acceptance testing on changes or upgrades to systems or Campaign info maps and builds. Manages relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors throughout the change process.
- Work with Business stakeholders to understand needs, then develop plans with well-defined tasks to make sure all business system solutions and enhancements meet business objectives, are delivered effectively, with accuracy, and within target timeframes.
- Communicate plans, provide team guidance and direction related to program execution. Prepare and communicate program status to management and escalate critical issues.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on objectives or plans.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and queries as required for customer segmentation and other related information. Develop and execute queries and campaigns when primary resources are over allocated.
- Provide support to internal OD groups with questions and issue resolution regarding customer data, opt-in/opt-out, data loads and product discrepancies. Qualifications:- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- MIS or Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related field
- Hands on experience with architecture and rules authorization in IBM ODM BRMS and DVS on projects involving Development, Unit Testing and Enhancements.
- Implemented and converting rules data or requirements to business critical Rulesets (rules, decision tables, decisions trees) in a Retail industry business.
- Taking over code review, debugging and troubleshooting preexisting ODM BOM and rules.
- Hands on in writing SQL queries for complex data bases.
- Experience in data integration and database architecture
- Rules Engines/BRMS :
IBM ODM 8.0, IBM ILOG JRULES v7.x, BLAZE ADVISOR v6.5& v6.7, JBOSS Drools, RTS, DVS
- Java Technologies :
Java, J2EE, OSGi, Web Services (SOAP, RESTFul), Servlets, JSP,
- UI Frameworks :
Apache Wicket, Jquery, DOJO and AJAX
- Architecture :
SOA & EAI
- Middleware :
Hibernate, iBATIS, Enterprise Java Beans
- Frame Works :
Spring, Spring web services, Spring Batch, Struts, AspectJ,
- JMockit (Testing Framework)
- Application Server :
WAS v6.1 & 7.0, Web Logic v9.2 & v8.1
- RDBMS :
Oracle 10g, DB2.
- BI Reporting Tools :
Crystal Reports 9.0
- Operating Systems :
Windows XP and AIX Systems.
- IDE's and other Tools :
IBM Jazz Repository and RTC, RAD 7.0, ENice to have:
CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional), Certified Scrum Product Owner (SCPO), Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across business and technical audiences
- Technical Competencies:
- Subject matter expert level knowledge of IBM Operational Decision Manager v8+.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite. Previous coding experience. Experience with quality assurance methodology. Project management experience.
- Expert in Rule flows, technical Rules, Decision Tables & using DVS feature effectively for unit testing the rules.
- Hands on in Build and Deployments, BOM Updates, Repository synchronizaiton with studio, Dynamic domains.
- Understand the basic concepts of normalization and decomposition so can converse intelligently on the topic and review diagrams that have been normalized or decomposed. Expert level skills with MS Suite (including Project), database, SQL, and SAS. Knowledge of Business Process and marketing campaigns is a plus. Excellent planning and organizational skills, and ability to a process through completion. Effectively interact with employees at all levels within the company. Exceptional stakeholder management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as experience facilitating and leading workshops, meetings and presentations with
- Strong in leading Business and Technical teams and helping them at various stages of the project from Architecture,
- Design, Development and Integration of application and deployment.
- Expertise in handling production support production support tickets.
- Experience with marketing campaigns and loyalty programs. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .