Sr. Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage a group of inter-related projects moving towards a common goal reporting to the PMO.
* Works with stakeholders to define and execute program business plans, focusing on delivering projects that support strategic vision and business priorities.
* Establishes a planning process to align business needs with annual budget.
* Runs complex projects/programs from inception to launch with the support of dedicated Project Managers.
* Ensures the execution of the program is carried out timely and within budget.
* Aligns program objectives and initiatives with the portfolio strategy accounting for any cross-program dependencies.
* Establishes consistent communication with stakeholders to understand expectations and business strategy as well as to communicate status of program and related projects.
* Provides program level updates and summaries to executive leadership.
* Coordinates with Procurement to develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services and align budget accordingly.
* Manages vendor relationship(s)
* Facilitates trade off decisions between quality, costs, resources, scope and time to prioritize demand.
* Partners with application managers to align business need with technology road map, customer expectations and to develop execution plans.
* Plans for risk and develops strategies for dealing with potential risks as well as covering them.
* Maintains program budget and ensures resources are appropriately allocated.
* Assist IT Demand management in identifying the need for project requests and assisting business in articulating business value.
* Partner with IT Executive leadership to define vision with business units.
* UP to 25%travel within the US
* 3 years experience with program management and managing of direct reports.
* 5- 7 years experience in IT project management, including SW development and delivery
* BS degree in Information Technology or related business analysis field
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Communication skills in a multi-lingual environment.
* Demonstrated Influencing and leadership skills, including negotiation and conflict management
* Experience with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Proficiency and at least 2year experience working with the HP Portfolio and Project Management or MS Project tool building and managing schedules, portfolio financials and dashboard reporting.
* Planning, organization critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Strategic planning and analysis
* Customer-focused perspective, team work, negotiation, conflict management and adaptability.
* Quick to learn, understand and apply new concepts and technologies
* Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Willingness to travel
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
* Experience in people management
* Experience in strategic planning
* Experience in risk management
* Experience in change management
* Demonstrated understanding in areas of application programming, database and system design
* Demonstrated Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated Planning and organization
* Demonstrated Decision-making skills, including delegation, team work
* Demonstrated Communication and Presentation skills
* Ability to learn, adapt, and apply new concepts and technologies
* Experience prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment