Sr. Programmer Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONORGANIZATIONS ARE DEFINED BY THEIR VALUES. In business, the ability to translate principle into practice is the measure of success. In 1947, United American Insurance Company established an organization based on four core values: stability, service, quality, and commitment.
TODAY, UA CONTINUES TO EVOLVE BUT REMAINS DEFINED BY THESE PRINCIPLES SET YEARS AGO.
Headquartered in McKinney, Texas and licensed in 49 states including District of Columbia and Canada, United American Insurance Company is pleased to offer an opportunity for consideration as a SR. PROGRAMMER ANALYST. This position reports to the Applications Manager and is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications. Programmer Analysts participate in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle as needed, applying expert knowledge of system interaction and business familiarity to meet business needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines.
* Ability to provide technical guidance on the design of a complex project and create application architecture documents
* Coordinate with clients and other I.T. personnel in developing and enhancing .NET required for Insurance applications.
* Adhere to System Development Life Cycle standards, including preparation of project-related documents as requested by the Project Manager.
* Design and develop applications as part of team
* Trouble-shooting/problem resolution skills
* Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Communicate effectively with technical/non-technical audiences
* Prepare unit and integration test plans for program changes, and in cooperation with clients and other I.T. personnel, perform the testing.
* Documentation for programming work performed.
* Team Foundation Server or equivalent configuration management tool
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher - SSIS, SSRS
* T-SQL: stored procedures, functions, views, triggers
* Advanced technical trouble shooting and data analysis and issue resolution skills
* Working knowledge of systems development life cycle and use of structured methodologies and techniques
* Strong technical, analytical and communication skills
* Insurance industry experiences in life, health and annuity a plus
* Deep experience with .Net Framework
* Experience developing web applications using the Microsoft stack (MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# or VB.NET, MVC, WCF, Web Services, XML)
* Experience with responsive Design, JQuery, Angular JS is a plus
Years Of Experience:
7+ to 10 Years
Sponsorships not provided.