Sr. Programmer (CNC)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Programmer, Esterline Control Systems MASON
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, offers world-class control devices and subsystems such as control grips, throttles, HaWC controllers, and communications interfaces for today s advanced cockpits, military vehicles, and other specialized applications. Our solutions fall into two broad categories: control products and communication products.
Company Name: Esterline Control Systems MASON, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: Approximately 400
The CNC programmer designs and creates run time operations, tools, and supporting setup procedures used to produce product on available machines and controllers. Also responsible for part evaluation and program development accounting for optimal machine and personal usage while maintaining engineering tolerance specifications. May also perform as working leader of an employee group. Instructs, guides and assigns work in addition to performing the actual work operation of the group.
* Designing operations.
* Designs CAD/CAM programs.
* Tests, modifies and enhances procedures.
* Maintains and preserves CAD/CAM libraries.
* Maintains and utilizes CAD/CAM software.
* Determines in priority need, the sequence of work to attain the best utilization of time and personnel. Instructs and trains new employees in job requirements.
* Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
* Performs multiple set ups and operations to product parts on a production basis.
* Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, etc.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate marching factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
* Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
* Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, management, or others to resolve machining problems.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Math; analytic geometry, algebra and trigonometry
* Computer language; Esprit, G & M code usage, and Visual Basic.
* Good machining practice.
* Tooling usage.
* Machine tool capabilities and limitations.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
This position requires one-year certificate from college or technical school and /or approved apprenticeship, three to five years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).