Sr. Proj Manager Proj Admin
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Sr\. Proj Manager \(Proj Admin\) Department:
Facilities Development BSS - - - # Description Description Job ID:
* Job Title:
Senior Project Manager of Design and Construction
* Position Summary:
* Candidate must be able to navigate and easily understand global initiatives and implementation through capital investments\. Oversee internal project teams, planners and provide leadership to bridge between planning and construction teams and ensure project outcomes, goals and objectives are achieved\. Manage project manager\(s\) assignments and performance related to quality, budget and schedule\. Manage various scales of new construction and renovation projects \($5M\-$350M\) and oversees multiple consultants/project teams\. Oversee and perform activities from initial, programming, planning, design through construction\. Assist transition team activities thru to post occupancy review and modifications to physical environment\.*
* Specific job responsibilities include:
* + Coordinates and manages pre\-design and pre\-construction activities engaging stakeholders including support and ancillary and logistical operations and activities with other COH departments as required to prepare for project implementation\. + Acts as a liaison with end users to determine scope of project requirements, available budget, and required project timeframe\. + Develop project scope, schedule and budgetary estimate\. Presents to end user and other responsible parties for approval\. + Selects design consultant and develops scope of services and contract\. Administrates consultant performance, including adherence to project scope, quality of work, and adherence to design schedule\. + Coordinates the designs and develops detailed architectural and engineering plans in accordance with organization requirements and in compliance with applicable regulations \(such as ADA and OSHPD\)\. + Works with the contractor to assure paperwork and permits are completed and filled out in a timely manner\. + Reviews project designs with end users at key intervals\. Obtains approval of design drawings\. + Presents project instructions and specifications by providing documentation, illustrations and plans \(blueprints\) and conducting project 'walk\-through' with contractors and vendors\. + Performs quality assurance inspections to ensure project specifications are met\. + Communicates project status and facilitates communication between all parties involved on project\. + Monitors activity schedules, changes to schedules, their causes and budget impact\. + Initiates 'punch' list to address project discrepancies for follow\-up and resolution\. + Compiles and analyzes bids and prepares summary for decision support\. + Obtains relevant permits and reports from city, state and local officials\. + Submits plans, pulls permits and writes specifications for new and existing construction\. + Evaluates existing facility for ADA, Fire and JCAHO compliance and ensures follow\-through and documentation, where applicable\. + Verifies receipt of services and construction\-related invoices for payment\. + Interacts with representatives of regulatory agencies and presents facility data and documentation as needed\. + Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise\.*
* Requirements and Qualifications
* + Bachelor's degree Architecture, Construction Management or related field\. + Demonstrated experience \(10 years\) working as a project manager in a research and / or healthcare environment + In\-depth knowledge of architectural or engineering design and trades\. + Knowledge in California healthcare construction and of JCAHO, ADA, and OSHPD standards\. + Basic knowledge of contract and procurement procedures\. + Knowledge and experience with varying project delivery methods \(Design\-Bid\-Build, Design\-Build, Integrated Project Delivery\)\. + Current CA driver's license and a good driving record for insurance purposes, required + Professional licensure required + Project management and Excellent human relation skills, required*
* + AutoCAD and REVIT \(current version\), Desired + MS Word and Excel, required + MS Project, required + Archibus FM, preferred + Experience with Primavera or eBuilder software desired*
* Preferred Requirements and Qualifications
* + Healthcare construction management _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .