Sr. Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 6/3/2017
The Senior Project Manager is primarily responsible for providing overall direction and managing field projects of any size, risk, scope and complexity, usually involving multiple craft disciplines; as well as developing new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients or geographical area. Works independently; subject to policies and general management direction. Provides guidance to lower level PMs on policies and procedures, where applicable. Responsible for profit/loss, budgeting, estimating, planning and scheduling, forecasting, collections, financial management, marketing/sales, field execution, client relations, and project technical support. Identifies and resolves technical/operational problems on projects. Assists in establishing objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards.
* Actively support the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values .
Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Initiates and maintains liaison with client to facilitate construction activities, including assessing scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project. This may be facilitated through direction and oversight of subordinate project managers.
* Represents Company at bid meetings, project meetings, strategy meetings, etc. as applicable to projects.
* Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy, including preparing or overseeing complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and contracting.
* Plans, organizes and staffs key field positions through operational department heads or subordinate project/construction managers.
* Supervises and/or monitors through administrative direction of on-site field supervision to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures as necessary.
* Provides technical assistance (i.e., interpretation of drawings) and recommends construction methods and equipment as required. Initiates and maintains extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
* Responsible for profit/loss accountability for projects managed. Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect company s interest and simultaneously maintains good relationship with client. Confirms project billings and collections are current.
* Develops new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients, or geographical area.
Perform additional responsibilities as directed
* 15+ years job-related experience, prior project management/P&L experience preferred; includes 10+ years supervisory experience
* 4 year degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering, or Construction Management; or combination of equivalent education and job-related experience if no degree
Proven safety record
* Extensive understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities
* Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; strong negotiation skills
Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
* Advanced knowledge of construction, design, finance, business development, and project management
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed for a seated position
Work may include occasional pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents and computer printouts
Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at moderate skill level