Sr. Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Clifton Park, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONLET'S WORK TOGETHER
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER / PROGRAM MANAGER
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN MALTA, NY
LIFE AT NFRASTRUCTURE
We understand that our success results from our diverse and skilled workforce. At nfrastructure, you'll find challenging projects and smart people that consistently wow our customers. As a team member you'll relish the freedom and support you need to help our customers solve their most challenging problems, while creating next generation integrated technology solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth, consistently profitable organization with world-class talent. We have some of the world's most admired brands as customers and we're currently ranked in the CRN Fast Growth 150 as well as both the Inc Build 100 list of Sustained-Growth Companies and the 500|5000. We are also recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
THE AREA: ON PREM MANAGED SERVICES
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure' s On Prem Managed Services team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible - and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, our On Prem Managed Services team may be the right place for you.
THE ROLE: SR. PROJECT MANAGER / PROGRAM MANAGER
This role will manage the execution and budget related to multiple technology initiatives. Projects are focused on technology migration, integration as well as transformation. The role will engage with senior technology architects experienced in building out large scale solutions as well as subject matter experts focused on storage, compute, database and networking. The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing background and the skills to manage multiple projects in various stages of completion while driving each to closure on time and within budget. Candidates should have experience working and communicating effectively with all levels of an organization as well as extensive experience directly and indirectly leading project teams. Strong organizational skills are essential as are influence and relationship skills. Candidates should be comfortable in operating an environment of changing priorities and should have a strong understanding of infrastructure technologies.
* Manage a portfolio of projects across various internal functional departments.
* Lead teams of multi skilled resources to set goals and deliver against project deadline.
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders through regular and proactively scheduled meetings.
* Own successful delivery in a matrix resource environment for all of project deliverables and documentation.
* Use technical knowledge to identify, evaluate, and resolve various interrelated problems from various sources.
* Coordination of support work from other departments.
* Manage vendors and coordinate technical teams.
* Recommend improvements to established procedures and processes.
* Other duties as assigned.
MBA with eight (8) years of program management experience or a bachelor's degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience serving in a project management capacity in various functions including technology.
* Demonstrated track record managing large projects that span manufacturing functions and geographic regions.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Experience running meetings and delivering presentations.
* Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
* Ability to effectively and proactively manage changes in project scope.
* Ability to work with management team to provide status and set expectations to ensure project success.
* Demonstrated ability to use PMI methods in work products/project execution including change management, risk management, and issues management.
* Proven experience effectively interacting with customers, including relationship building.
* Experience managing project budgets.
* Negotiation skills to achieve coordination and results.
* Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of managing all project phases.
* Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties.
* Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and comparable Google apps.
* Microsoft Project, Smartsheet or similar project planning platform.
* PMP Certification
* Microsoft Visio
* Concepts of Networking Fundamentals
* Familiarity with network cabling associated with new construction
* Experience with Service Now or other service desk tool suites
nfrastructure partners with the world's most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for the Internet of Everything (IoE). An insight, execution, and results culture delivers on-time, every-time. nfrastructure offers: world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market, tightly integrated high-availability, low cost remote support and an innovative, proprietary "nterprise" software suite to manage IoE projects. 20+ years of experience, unparalleled technical expertise, and overwhelmingly satisfied customers, partners and employees have made nfrastructure the best integrator with the proven ability to cultivate sustainable business model innovation across the IoE spectrum.
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.Sr.