Sr. Project Manager 9/2/2016
Long Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE: PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: LONG BEACH, CA
DURATION: OPEN ENDED
RATE: $65-$7W2, CORP-CORP OK
Seeking Sr Project Manager(s) (1+ years) to support a Medicaid and Medicare leader in Long Beach, CA. Ideal candidates will have deep knowledge of healthcare domain from payer prospective as well as experience managing IT projects in healthcare.
Of the 5 roles available, 4 require in depth knowledge of Health Insurance Marketplace / health exchanges in accordance with ACA.
* Project Manager will be responsible for large scale, complex and/or long duration projects and project teams made up of internal and external resources to deliver business solutions and services to the department.
* Projects may vary to include system implementations, internal/cross functional department process improvement initiatives, implementation of new state health plans, and implementation of new product lines.
* Interacts closely with internal staff, external corporate departments, and Health Plans to define the project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, and project status reports/communications.
* Demonstrate understanding of emerging technologies and trends applicable to health plans
* Defines/Executes project management processes and deliverables in the areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring, Risk Identification & Remediation and Project Reporting
* Contributes and improves project management methodology, working within the Enterprise PMO project management group to translate business requirements into a strategy for implementing a solution
* Employs project management best practices and standards and understands key project metrics
* Possesses strong analytical skills and must be able to ramp up quickly to the application domain and company processes
* Coordinates with Technical leads, developers and various teams, to plan, design and implement
* Ensures deliverables are completed and approved to meet audit and project requirements
* BS or BA in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* MBA highly desired.
* Prefer at least 1 years project management experience.
* Solid understanding of IT project management with understanding of technical application development to understand the requirements and design of the project to engage the right resources and provide accurate estimates.
* Demonstrate knowledge of health plan operations and major healthcare technology applications from the payer side supporting Medicaid and Medicare programs, specifically health plan enrollment. ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR THOSE WELL VERSED IN HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE / HEALTH EXCHANGES IN ACCORDANCE ACA.
* Should have good understanding of several aspects of health insurance processes, for example claims and revenue, and healthcare EDI transactions.
* Waterfall, standard SDLC
* Strong experience with Microsoft applications such as Project, Power Point, Visio, Excel and Word
* Extensive experience in Reporting, Analytics, and Data Analysis including SQL, SSRS knowledge preferred
* Experience with Scheduling tools such as Primavera P6 preferred
* PMP Certification
* Six Sigma Black or Green Belt certification