Sr. Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Plum Placements Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The Sr. Project Manager will be a key member of the Program Management Organization and the Program/Project Management team. Working directly with our client and delivery organizations to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to contract ensuring customer success, referenciability and project profitability.
* Collaboratively work with Program and Project Managers (PPM) for the project to ensure synchronized and consistent approach is applied to managing our client's deliverables, client management, and all aspects to ensure a successful project.
* Responsible for project financial management and tracking
* Jointly responsible for submission of required internal and external status reporting (weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly)
* Responsbible for project resource forecasting
* Responsible for management and tracking of deliverables as assigned and agreed within PPM team.
* Identify, assess and mitigate/resolve risks and issues on the project; provide management with early warning; escalate as appropriate
* Accurately record and track key discussion and decisions on the project.
* Be a change agent to enable process and practice maturity while adhering to organizational process requirements.
* Work closely with Relationship Management, Product Management, Development, ASP and Sales teams, as required, to schedule resources and resolve issues that may arise
* Effectively applies our client's SDLC methodology and enforces project standards
* Define project scope, goals, and deliverables to support strategic initiatives
* Maintain full-scale project plans and associated communications documents (i.e. status reports, escalations)
* Track project milestones and deliverables throughout project lifecycle
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
* Define and communicate project success criteria throughout project life cycle
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a clear fashion
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential road blocks, and prepare contingency plans
* Review deliverables before passing to clients and/or stakeholders
* Coach, mentor, and motivate project team members. Influence positive action and accountability for assigned work
* Develops and fosters client relationships. Continually looking for ways to increase customer satisfaction
* Conscious of business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to the project
* Conduct project post mortems and report recommendations to resource managers
* Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
* Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
* Manage and Control all corresponding project stages requirements analysis/gap analysis, construction, testing, and production conversion, as assigned
* Lead exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
* Minimum of 12years in project management
* Minimum of 8years financial industry experience, in either banking and/or software vendor environment
* A self-motivated and hard working individual who is goal oriented, able to work with minimal supervision
* Excellent analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities to meet the demands of internal and external clients
* Must be able to contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork through collaborative behavior and open communications
* Expert user of MS Project
* Must be able to interact with all levels of management, from senior management to technical personnel, with clients
* Experience in large scale and critical system/software implementations
* Familiarity with UNIX and/or Windows environments a plus
* Working knowledge of systems and/or network infrastructure preferred
* Must be available to travel as required by assigned projects
* Willingness to work erratic and long hours when necessary to achieve customer and company objectives
* Work remotely if required
* PMP and/or Prince certification - preferred