Sr. Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
NTT Data Inc
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Sr. Project Manager to join our team in Smithfield, RI.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the management of overall project budget, schedule, and scope of a complex, multi-workstream project with multiple stakeholders groups.
* Facilitate project planning sessions utilizing an Agile development methodology, determine MMF/MVP scope, iteration and story-point planning, etc.
* Manage Agile project plans, including iteration and velocity monitoring.
* Project Life Cycle deliverables:
* Project Charter (Project Planning & Initiation-PPI)
* Project Plan
* Business Requirements documentation
* Service Model implications definition
* Issues List / Change Control Log
* User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
* Rollout / Deployment
* Project Closure materials
* Manage additional team member tasks and priorities, including interfacing with onshore and offshore associates.
* Leadership role in identifying and influencing stakeholders on all issues related to project execution.
* Lead planning and rollout development of project plans. Partners with the business community to provide internal and external rollout strategy to ensure business communication needs are met, develop/coordinate review of internal and external communication and training plans, coordinate/manage rollout enablement for initial phase of customer rollout.
* Provide integrated oversight and controls from initial Project Assessment through to Launch for all Business readiness and technology solution activities and deliverables to ensure that scope is met on schedule and within budget.
* Drive team towards the development and completion of all critical project documents according to defined processes, leveraging client's standard methodologies.
Education and Experience
* 5+ years of related project management experience in financial services, systems development, product development, and/or project/product management
* Experience with Agile methodologies
* Financial Services background helpful
* PMP Certification preferred
* Strong project management skills demonstrated for complex client-centric, inter-related and technically oriented projects
* Experience in demonstrating leadership/influence and collaboration in a matrix-managed environment and across multiple and diverse groups
* Strong consultative, listening, communications and analytical skills
* Critical thinker with good judgment and initiative
* Diversity of functional business experiences (e.g. client, operational, systems, marketing, investments, customer service)
* Strong understanding of and prior experience in running an Agile program or project
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers
* 5 years experience as a Project Manager in an Agile, SDLC environment. Financial Services experience is a big plus.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.