Sr. Project Manager - Warehouse Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Cherry Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
We are in the process of transforming our distribution network. Pinnacle Foods operates three independent supply chains, Frozen, Refrigerated and Dry. Through growth and acquisitions we execute a short, mid and long term distribution strategy. This position will be responsible for planning and executing our transitions of contracts, warehouses and/or 3PL providers. This position will support the frozen, refrigerated and dry distribution and plant warehouses.
This role will help to evaluate recommendations and from our Llamasoft network models to understand operational feasibility and implementations strategy. Will work closely with procurement on the buy, lease vs. public warehouse options, length of contracts. This role will help to standardize our rate agreements with partners across the network to ensure best practices and consistent invoicing processes. Provides input and validates corporate budgets, provides RFP analysis on contract proposals and renewable contracts. This position is responsible for providing effective leadership that will encourage all personnel to perform to the best of their ability and to develop to their fullest potential within the scope of projects. Position will be involved in various functions within the fulfillment/logistics group on cost to serve initiatives for customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide Project Management skills for longer warehouse transition projects. Provide preparation and financial analytics to RFP s and potential contracts.
* Provide financial analysis support on warehouse, plant MVP S(cost savings projects), optimizations and projects from an operations perspective.
* Provide insight and analytics to financial and operational management of the 3PL s and plant warehouses.
* Lead cross-functional teams on Distribution and warehouse related projects.
* Establish best practices across the network to establish operation excellence
* Represent the Logistics team on cross functional projects to drive enterprise wide solutions considering all functions of the supply chain
* Manage the operational projects, process and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency gains to reduce cost-to-serve while mitigating costs associated.
* Interface cross-functionally at all levels within the company; including communication with 3PL s and plant warehouse management, external resources, etc.
* Coordinates warehousing execution for division strategies; develop specific warehousing requirements and costing based on strategic plans and customer expectations while mitigating incremental costs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* 8 years Management experience working in a warehousing environment.
* Logistics and financial analytics preferred.
* Food distribution/warehousing environment or food products industry is a plus.
* Strong change management experience (driving, influencing and inspiring change through communication at all impacted levels)
* Experience leading continuous improvement processes in a Warehouse/Distribution environment.
* Experience working cross functionally with different levels in organizational
* Solid business and operational knowledge, including project costing, budgets, capital investment proposals, warehouse contracts. etc.
* Ability to drive innovative solutions and ideas and demonstrated capability of delivering results
* Strong presentation and leadership skills
* The ability to challenge the status quo, always looking for improved processes
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, Supply Chain or equivalent, required.
* This position provides indirect leadership of extended logistics team.
* Approximate 35% of annual travel
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.