Senior Purchasing Manager - Ingredients, Packaging, and Capital
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently looking for a SENIOR PURCHASING MANAGER - INGREDIENTS, PACKAGING, AND CAPITAL in BOSTON, MA OR BREIGINSVILLE, PA.
We have been rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
The focus of this role contributes to Boston Beers success by developing and implementing core foundational processes that encompass the end-to-end supply chain. Areas of responsibility may include services or commodities that influence and shape sourcing strategies, and/or system and process solutions to maximize procurements value. This role partners with business partners, suppliers, and the brewing/operations teams to implement and manage sourcing strategies, business processes, lean principles, and total cost savings initiatives, which includes activities such as contract and price negotiations, supplier management, continuous improvement projects, and ultimately, ensuring that the products and/or services are delivered at the right time, right quality, right quantity, and right cost.
Additionally, the Senior Purchasing Manager will provide coaching to other partners within the organization that performs buying activities. This position will specifically manage and oversee Ingredients, Packaging, Capital Projects, and Brewery Goods/Services. This position will report to the Senior Director and will be responsible for managing two direct reports, remotely.
WHAT YOULL DO:
* Analyzes supply chain flow, identifies bottlenecks, problem areas, and critical control points and drives/influences innovative solutions.
* Leads new system and process initiatives cross-functionally to increase the value delivered by procurement (e.g., lean, value engineering, etc.).
* Identifies and executes total cost savings across the supply chain.
* Leads internal business partners and suppliers to create an efficient integrated supply chain on a national scale.
* Researches, evaluates, develops, and implements leading edge supplier management tools and techniques.
* Acts as a role model for supplier management, driving a continuous improvement mind-set for improved performance in quality, service, innovation, and cost.
* Creates vision and strategy for major commodities (including total spend analysis), and formally presents recommendations on an annual basis for Senior Management review and approval for continuous improvement to the end to end supply chain.
* Completes supplier and commodity capacity reviews.
* Develops models to evaluate how commodities impact total cost in the extended supply chain.
* Prepares, communicates and educates internal business partners on changes in commodity trends, policies, and practices.
* Drives the development of new products, programs, and services as business needs dictate.
* Develops sourcing strategies to ensure business continuity and contingency planning (e.g., second sourcing.)
* Assess and understand forecasting methodology used in BBC to develop appropriate purchasing strategy to minimize cost of potential errors.
* Strategically sources suppliers for development and roll-out using the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
* Works with internal business partners and suppliers to develop specifications, drawings, and statements of work
* Develops and executes negotiation strategy, responsible for driving final contract negotiations and implementation while ensuring appropriate levels of management engagement and approval.
* Performs Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis.
* Incorporates value engineering principles into sourcing activities.
* Supports supplier business reviews to drive continuous improvement.
* Proactively drives and manages strategic relationships with suppliers and business partners to support current and future requirements.
* Assesses and understands the financial and strategic impact of new and existing business initiatives (i.e. NPV Analysis, Capital Project ROI, etc.).
* Identifies supply base issues, analyzes information to assess root cause, improvement opportunities and associated risk.
* Develops solutions and gains consensus in resolving issues or mitigating supply base risks.
* Educates business partners and team members on the intricacies of total cost management and the importance of each component.
* Aware of the importance of timing, politics, and group processes.
* Accomplishes goals through strong business acumen, analytical processes, constant follow-up and accountability.
* Is aware of the business environment at all points of the distribution process. (Consumer, retailer, distributor, supplier).
* Ability to assess alternatives in terms of their financial, psychological, and strategic advantages and disadvantages.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Bachelors Degree in related field required.
* APICS or ISM certification desired.
* 8-10 years with Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, and/or Inventory Management experience
* MBA preferred
* 8-10 years in Direct Buying, Contract Negotiations, Supplier Management, and/or Project Management experience
* 5 years Cross-functional Team Management Experience
* Required travel up to 25%
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.