Sr QA Engineer 9/10/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, ARRIS Service Assurance product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering teams mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that fosters innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.
As a Senior QA engineer, you will lead the testing and certification efforts for the Service Assurance products. You will create the release test plan, ensure that it is executed and the product is thoroughly tested before a release. You will also work with other members of the Service Assurance team to develop, implement and maintain automated tests for the web applications deployed in the cloud. You will be working on the new automation frameworks such as Protractor, Jasmine and testing tools such as Zephyr. You will also be working on cloud web application deployments in a DevOps model, to remove manual efforts from implementation through deployment and production support. ADDITIONAL SKILLS
* Experience with unit and automation testing frameworks.
* Experience in creating test cases, test plans and test reports.
* Strong understanding of UI automation frameworks such as Protractor, Selenium or related frameworks.
* Experience in unit, functional, back box, white box and regression testing.
* Experience in test management tools (such as Zephyr, DevTest ).
* Experience in an Agile software development life cycle methodology.
* Exposure to DevOps style of product implementation and delivery.
* Experience in setting up and running performance and scale tests.
* Experience in deployment of web applications to a cloud platform.
* Knowledge of Cable MSO network architectures and the functional understanding of products in MSO networks is a plus.
* Strong understanding of how Java Enterprise applications work. Including, how to configure, monitor and troubleshoo
* Proficient in XML and Scripting languages
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Chinese language skills are a plus.
* Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3 years of software testing experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.