Sr. QA Engineer / Front End (C#, .NET)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Role: Sr. QA Engineer / FRONT END (C#, .NET)
Location: Irvine CA
The SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER serves as a QA ENGINEER contributing to a scrum development team. This position requires continuous involvement and participation with the development teams to design, build, and test software products and underlying components. Participate in review, verify and validate requirements, designs and functionality of software. Develops, executes and maintains test cases. Maintain automated test scripts and contributes to the automation library. Coordinates and tracks test activities. May work on multiple projects concurrently.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Design, develop and maintain/enhance the QA automation software
* Design, implement and document test cases and add test cases to the automated test suites
* Track and report on test status
* Minimize defects through early involvement with project teams
* Defect reporting and tracking
* Identify and execute the manual test coverage
* Work with other QA engineers to establish and maintain best practices and methodologies
* Requires a self-starter who can work independently without direct supervision
* May require overtime or off-peak hours to meet commitments
* Performs other related duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, BEHAVIORS, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* 3-5 years of experience in Software QA
* Experience with QA processes and methodologies required; automated and manual test processes, black box, white box and gray box testing, test cases design, scripting, execution, automated test tools
* Experience in testing web technologies including web sites, APIs, and RESTful Web Services
* Experience in interpreting SOAP, XML, and JSON objects
* Working knowledge in C# .net and ASP .net (web form, MVC)
* Working knowledge in testing frameworks (selenium, unit testing frameworks)
* Working knowledge with test integration in a continuous integration and delivery system
* Experience in understanding SQL queries
* Experience in testing stored procedures, table functions, SSIS, and SSRS
* Must be familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle
* A self-starter who is motivated by continuous learning and development
* Results-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and deliver results
* Must be able to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
* Must have strong oral and written communication and customer service skills
* Strong collaborator and team player across internal and external team members
* Strong problem resolution, analysis and troubleshooting skills
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced corporate environment
* Able to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations with customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Must be a fast learner and can adapt and navigate quickly with minimal guidance and supervision
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NON- ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Experience with DVCS (Distributed Version Control System), preferably Mercurial/GIT
* Experience with high traffic and high availability web projects
* Experience with the Microsoft Solutions Framework and Agile/Scrum Development Methodologies preferred
* Hands-on experience with ETL, Microsoft SSIS and/or other data-intensive applications and frameworks preferred
* Experience in the automotive industry is a plus