Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: SR. QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER (OCULUS)
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA 1531 UTAH AVE S, STE 400
DURATION: 12+ Months
* The Oculus QA Team is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to facilitate and participate in the implementation and execution of the vision and processes utilized by Oculus QA at our Seattle studio to ensure that the Oculus first-party products are performing to top quality.
* This role will involve performing test responsibilities as well as working with the QA Manager to breakdown and delegate the tasks assigned to the QA team to ensure complete, accurate and timely results.
* You will be involved in identifying bugs, documenting defects, and working with the engineering team to recreate bugs and fix them. You will work with the QA Manager to get a clear understanding of test goals and you will make sure the rest of the team is working together to meet those goals.
* You will identify opportunities for automation and drive the creation of tools to facilitate more automated and accurate testing. YOU WILL WORK WITH SMART, EXPERIENCED TEAMMATES ON A GROWING CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAM THAT DEVELOPS GAMES FOR AN EMERGING PLATFORM.
* Testing builds using black, grey and white box methodologies to ensure they are fully functional, align with goals and objectives, and are of the level and quality for public consumption. This includes negative testing to verify stress-tolerance, boundary conditions, invalid input and other error conditions.
* Task delegation and team coordination: Tracking of day-to-day goals of the QA team. Delegation of tasks to team members to ensure thorough task ownership. Working with QA Manager to ensure correct prioritization.
* In conjunction with the product team and QA Manager, develop a testing framework and process. This includes evaluating and selecting testing tools and setting up and maintaining a bug database and document tracking system. Must have the ability to actively suggest ways in which work and schedules should be structured such that QA can exert maximum benefit on the product.
* Test case development: Develop test cases to ensure thorough coverage of functionality and assets.
TEST AUTOMATION: Identify opportunities for automation and drive development of automated testing.
RELEASE VALIDATION: Planning, building and executing QA validation for the release.
DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING:
* Ability to log results into testing database, manage the lifecycle of the bugs, compile weekly and/or daily status emails, properly prioritize work flow and bug fix needs, and easily communicate these results with the team.
* Must be able to develop testing plans/strategies/cases/scenarios for each deliverable and phase of development.
HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY TESTING:
* Familiarity with PC hardware and technology. Ability to setup multiple images to test across various OS's, hardware, and platforms.
* Must be familiar with and able to test on Win 7, 8, and 10 OS's and have familiarity with Mac and Linux.
WORK INDEPENDENTLY: This individual must be able to work independently given direction on a weekly basis. They need to be intelligent and resourceful when finding answers to questions. When new tasks are sent to the QA team, if the QA Manager is not available, this person must be capable of prioritizing and assigning tasks independently.
STRONG DELEGATOR: This person must be able to quickly and effectively breakdown a large goal into smaller tasks and assign them to other team members.
Able to take and give direction: This person will be receiving instructions from the QA Manager to determine priorities and will then be passing the results of those discussions to the team.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Must be very detail oriented in both process and delivering results. Must be able to identify errors in the product and determine the proper source of the error to be able to accurately assign the issue to be fixed. The expectation is that identification of issues gets better over time with more team interaction.
COMMUNICATION: Must be able to quickly and easily articulate issues and what needs to be done to resolve them. Must be able to communicate with other disciplines on behalf of the test department.
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Must be able to get results without conflict, and easily diffuse conflict as it arises.
STRONG TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: Must understand how software works and how large-scale development projects are accomplished. Experience with coding or scripting in an automated environment.
FLEXIBILITY: Be able to work nights and weekends during crunch times.
ABLE TO DEAL WITH AMBIGUITY: Able to develop test documentation, processes, and deliver results with little to no documentation or direction from the team.
TIMELINESS: Must be able to show up on time and be willing to stay late and pitch in, even with a flexible work schedule.
WORKS WELL WITH A TEAM: This individual is expected to be a resource to the team. They must be able to work well with others, able to juggle multiple priorities given by multiple individuals
Relevant degree or proven track record (5+ years of experience)